Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Weight Watchers Wednesday

Since I started doing WeightWatchers this week, I thought I would devote Wednesdays to all things healthy and diet related.  I have done WeightWatchers before, but recently they have adopted a new program called PointsPlus.  I have to say that I actually like the new program a lot better, even though it is much more complicated.  And if it makes me look half as good as Jennifer Hudson, then I'm a believer.  =)
I thought a long time about posting my starting weight so you could follow me along on this journey.  However, I kind of decided that it doesn't really matter how much I weigh either now or after I am finished losing weight.  What matters is that I'm doing something to get healthy and that in the end, I am happy with the way my body looks.  Instead of stating my weight, I will say that as of Monday morning, I needed to lose 18 pounds to get to my goal weight.  I don't usually like to weigh myself more than once a week, but since I will be doing these posts on Wednesday, and my weigh-in day is on Monday, I will weigh myself 2 times per week.  AND, I am happy to report that when I weighed in this morning, I was down 2.2 pounds.  Now, I realize this is probably mostly water weight, but I'll be honest, I don't really care!  I'm just happy that the pounds are coming off! 

I'll definitely keep you updated on how this experience is going...and you can be guaranteed that when I'm done, I will definitely be posting an "after picture."  =)

1 comment:

Brittney said...

We have the same "weight loss" philosophy! I do weigh myself every once in awhile (because in the end, there is a healthy weight for everyone), but it's not about the number for me. As long as I feel healthier and stronger, then I know I'm doing something right! Best of luck to you!