Monday, January 3, 2011

Weekend Update!

Happy New Year!  Yes, I heard this phrase many times this weekend!  Let me just say that if the last few days are any indication of how my year will go, then it will definitely be a happy one!

The weekend started early with a trip to watch the Vols play in the Music City Bowl on Thursday evening.  We first tailgated with Sandy (a friend of mine from work) and her family:
Patrick and I are ready for some football!

Me with Sandy, Ainsley, and Libby

This little girl is just as sassy as she is cute!  =)
After a little bit of food, drinks, and cornhole, it was time to head to the game!  As many of you already know, it was not a happy ending for us UT fans.  In fact, it was downright depressing.  For those that don't know, TN was up by 3 points with 5 seconds left on the clock and after some very questionable calls (which any TN fan will tell you we were robbed), UNC scored a field goal with 1 second left on the clock sending the game into overtime.  Well, it didn't end like we had hoped...UNC ended up winning by 3...However, I was able to get some really good pics from inside the stadium...and Tennessee's band was AMAZING!






After getting over the loss from the day before, it was time to get ready for and enjoy New Year's Eve.  This year, Patrick had what was supposed to be a "small get together" with a few friends.  Well, that's really not the way it turned out...it really turned out to be an all-out party, but it was definitely a great time!  Here are a few pics from the last night of 2010:
Me posing for the camera with some of my favorite girls:  Kat, Kevana, Alysia, and Lindy!

Mickey, Lindy, Stacy, Kat, Zach, and Patrick hanging out in the kitchen

Me with Shannon and the boys!

Posing with my beau just before midnight -- yes, he is definitely wearing a "smoking jacket" t-shirt!

Patrick ringing in the New Year with style!
Not long after these pics were taken, it was my bedtime...I really hated to be a party pooper, but I was running in my first 5K on Saturday morning (more on this later in the week).  Saturday afternoon was spent laying on the couch and then having an impromptu dinner with Andi and Rob at Judge Beans in Brentwood (which is delicious, BTW).  Sunday, I pretty much put Patrick to work all day doing stuff around my house and then I had dinner with Anna Catherine and Kathleen that evening at J. Alexanders...my FAVORITE!

All-in-all, it was a great weekend spent with all of my closest friends!  Can't think of a better way to spend the New Year!

1 comment:

Mrs. S said...

I'm a new follower- love that y'all are Vol fans- we are die hard! still soo sick over that game ughhhh