Sunday, January 9, 2011

11 in 2011: Days 6-9

Well, I'm baaaaack!!!!!  Sorry for my long absence.  Thursday night I was without a computer as Patrick needed his laptop for work purposes and I was unable to post (if I don't get a new laptop soon, I may have a breakdown...thank goodness my fabulous BF is on the hunt for a good deal...I'm sure I'll be back in business in no time).  =)  Then this weekend, my beau and I took our annual "Pre-Tax Season Trip" (details on that to come soon), and I wasn't about to spend the entire trip on my computer...I'm sure you understand.  Anyway, it's high time I catch you all up on the 11 in 2011 blog challenge that Kit and MJ are hosting.  I'm so excited to get back in the swing of things.  So, here we go:


Day 6:  Best Organization Tricks 
You would think this topic would be my specialty...I mean, after all, I used to keep my CDs alphabetized...however, I have really struggled with this one...I sometimes think that being organized is such an ingrained part of my life that I don't even realize I do it...which makes it difficult to explain to others...Here is my best attempt:

1.  Always make a To-Do List.  This is an absolute necessity for me.  I have a work list, a house list, a Junior Chamber list, and a miscellaneous list...it's a little out of hand.
2.  Keep items I use on a regular basis in the same place all the time.  For instance, I always keep my keys in the same pocket in my purse...therefore, when I am running late, I don't have to spend an extra 5 minutes looking for my keys...they are always in the last place I left them.
3.  Picture organization -- When storing pictures on my computer, I create a separate folder for each event and I label it with the year, month and name of the event.  For instance, the pictures I took in Vegas last September are found in the folder called "2010-09  Las Vegas Trip."  This format allows them to show up in chronological order.

Day 7:  Favorite Memory of 2010
My favorite memory of 2010 would have to be the cruise Patrick and I took to the Bahamas.  It came at the perfect time (a week after April 15), we had never been on a long trip together, and it was such a fun time.  Here are a few pics of my favorite moments from the trip:
Parasailing in Freeport, Bahamas

Dressing up for the Captain's Dinner

Becoming Cruise BFFs with all 10 people at our dinner table!

Snorkeling in Nassau, Bahamas
Day 8:  Favorite Healthy Snacks

Well, since I am starting Weight Watchers tomorrow, I am really hoping to learn a lot from this portion of the 11 in 2011 Challenge.  I love to snack...however, I don't do very well snacking healthy.  I will say that some of my favorite healthy snacks would have to be any fruit you can think of (watermelon is my fav), grape tomatoes, and finally, the 100 Calorie Snacks that are so popular these days.

Day 9:  Favorite Things to Do on a Cold Winter Day 

Well, since today was one of the coldest days I think I've ever remembered, this is very fitting.  =)  My favorite things to do is:

1.  Sleep late...
2.  Build a fire...or turn on the gas fireplace in my case.
3.  Read a good book.
4.  Watch a movie.
5.  Make snow cream (when it snows).
6.  Clean house -- notice this is at the bottom of the list.  =)

Shew, I think I'm all caught up!  Yea!  Hopefully, I can stay on top of the final 2 days of the challenge!

1 comment:

Morgan said...

I have a friend who lives in Spring Hill who started Weight Watchers last January. She's down 80lbs. She loves it! And she can eat regular foods!

I got a call from my old school that said school was closed for today! Bet y'all are gettin lots of snow!