Sunday, January 2, 2011

11 in 2011: Day 2 -- Favorite Holiday Memory


Day 2:  Favorite Holiday Memory

Oh, my goodness, I don't know where to begin!  There are sooooo many holiday traditions that my family has and there are plenty of times that provide wonderful holiday memories.  It's definitely tough to pick just one!  I think the memory I will pick is the one that changed my life...for the better!  In December 2005, I lived in Knoxville, and Kathleen, my BFF from grad school, lived here in Nashville.  She invited me down here for a New Year's Eve party, and since I was without plans in East Tennessee, I was more than excited for a little road trip!  That weekend was so much fun!  We had a great time, and partied the night away!  As I was driving home on January 1, 2006, I remember thinking about how much I liked Nashville, and how I could see myself living there.  I truly believe that God works in mysterious ways because less than 4 months later, I was a resident of Nashville, TN!  Best decision I ever made!

What is your favorite holiday memory?  Head over to A Step into My Life or Teaching in Heels and link up!

2 comments:

Kit said...

What a fun memory. I am glad that you love the place you live :)

Anonymous said...

Great memory! Its so fun to look back on the things that shape our life...