Monday, January 24, 2011

Weekend Update!

This was what will probably be my last "work-free" weekend until after April 15th, so I decided to make the most of it and have a really good time.  Friday night, Kat and I had our monthly "date night."  Since we are both trying to eat healthy, we decided that nothing sounded better than the salad bar at Ruby Tuesday!  They also have what is called their Fit and Trim menu with MANY selections under 700 calories.  Kat and I both agreed that our "less than 700 calorie" meal was wayyyyy too good to really be less than 700 calories.  If you haven't checked it out, you definitely should!  I know I'll be going back!  We had a great time and, as usual, sat and chatted wayyyy past the time our server wanted us to.  Oops!  =)

On Saturday morning, it was time for my final hair appointment until after tax day (can you see the theme here?).  =)  I just love a fresh hair cut...it's so nice knowing that your hair will do what you want it to for at least 4 weeks!

Saturday afternoon, I ran in my 2nd 5K -- the Nashville Zoo Run Run!  Since Alysia started running recently, she did it with me!  It was her first 5K and she did great!

The race was tons of fun!  However, it was also really hard!  I totally ignored the fact that there are TONS of hills at the zoo when I was training!  I was NOT prepared for that.  Because of the hills, I felt like I walked a lot more in this race than I did in the last one...however, I actually finished in 35:12...a full 1:24 better than the Resolution Run!  I was pretty proud of myself, but realized I have a long way to go if I am going to run in the half marathon...however, I have over 3 months to train, so I know I can do it!  Here are a few more pics of the day!

Me crossing the finish line...Patrick always wants a pic of me finishing the race, but as you can see I never seem to cooperate...maybe next time!  =)

Alysia and I have such good BFs!  They came out and cheered us on, even though it was UBER-cold out there! 
Saturday evening Patrick and I went to a friend's birthday dinner at a local Mexican restuarant, but because we both had busy weekends up to that point, we called it an early night!

Sunday was a super fun day because Patrick and I went to the circus with Chase and Maggie!  It was so much fun!  I love the circus and have looked forward to it all week.  This year's circus did not disappoint.  Here are a few of the cool pics I took:

The tigers were impressive, as always!


The elephants are definitely my favorites!
On the way back to the car after the show, we all had a conversation about what we would do if we traveled with the circus.  I said I would like to fly on the trapeze...however, that doesn't seem very realistic since I doubt any of those girls are a day over 22...therefore, if I had to pick something a little more reasonable, I would like to ride on the elephants!  That would be a BLAST! 

What would you be if you traveled with the circus?  =)

No comments: