Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekend Update!

Whew!!!!!  What a busy weekend!  In fact, this weekend was sooooooo busy, that I didn't even have the energy to do my Weekend Update on Sunday, like I usually do.  Therefore, you're going to get SEVERAL posts in one evening tonight...sorry, but I had to get caught up!

I took the day off on Friday so that I could get ready for our big yard sale on Saturday.  Also, because I had to walk 9 miles this weekend, I decided to go ahead and get that over with as well.  Therefore, to start my Friday morning, I walked 9 miles in the Music Row/Belmont/Hillsboro Road area.  That part of town is soooo nice, and walking allowed me to really take it all in!  I enjoyed the walk...at least until the end, when it was getting a little tough.  Still, it was nice to get it out of the way early in the weekend.

Friday night, I got to hang out with these ladies:
Alysia and Kevana
And this lady:
Kathleen
Alysia and Kevana (who are roommates) had Kat and me over for dinner.  It was delicious and so great to catch up with this fun group of ladies!  However, as fun as the evening was, I couldn't stay out late.  I had to get in bed early because 5:30 a.m. was going to arrive AWFULLY early on Saturday morning.

See, a few weeks ago, I talked my beau into allowing us to have a Yard Sale at his house (he lives in a small subdivision off of a very busy road and therefore, had the perfect location).  After he agreed, I started asking several people if they were interested in joining us and actually got a pretty good group together.  We all made good money, but Patrick took the grand prize at over $360.  I came in second place at a little over $350 (I was able to sale an entire set of old living room furniture, 4 bar stools, and an old Nintendo...along with several smaller items).  The money has definitely been buring a hole in my pocket, but more on that later.  =)  Here are a few pics of the day:
View of the crowd -- Look at all those people!
Notice Patrick in the bottom right corner -- He was DEFINITELY making some serious deals!  =)
Jennifer, Stacy, Amber, and Kat taking a break from all the hard work just long enough to snap a picture!
Amber showing off her baby bump, while I'm showing off my over the shoulder bag.  =)
I think Yard Sales are fun because you learn a lot about people based on what they previously owned.  I won't point out WHO owned each of these items, but I will just say that this day brought back lots of old memories.  =)  Take a look at these pics and tell me you don't feel like your back in the 1990s:
After things started to wind down with the Yard Sale, I finally got to take my much needed nap....HaHa, I wish!  Instead, I had to run all a couple of errands to get things ready for our Halloween costume.  After that was over, I didn't have much time for napping.  I did, however, take a little time to relax and watch a little football.  Then, it was time for us to head to the Halloween Party at Dobber and Nicole's house.  Now, what you all have been waiting for (okay, okay, I realize you all have WAYYYY more important things going on in your life than to wonder all weekend what my Halloween costume was)...however, here it is anyway:
Yep, you guessed it...Jon and Kate + 8 made a reunion appearance on Saturday night.  =)
Just had to show a picture or 2 of my Kate Gosselin teased hair!
There were several cute costumes at the party.  Here are a few of them:
Humpty-Dumpty and Mrs. Humpty-Dumpty
Kat and Mickey won "Most Original Costume" dressed as Double Dare game show participants.
Even though the party was a great time, we didn't stay super late as we were all exhausted from the yard sale that morning.  It was still a fun party, though!  =)

Sunday was spent doing almost nothing, which was sooooo nice.  All I did all day was relax and watch football.  Then last night, my beau and I headed to dinner (more on that in a later post).

All-in-all, it was a wonderful weekend, and I feel very blessed to have so much going on in my life.  However, next weekend, I have almost no plans and I am sooooooo looking forward to it!  Hope you all have a great week!

No comments: