Friday, November 19, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday

It's that time again...this week's Fill in the Blank Friday is all things Thanksgiving!!!!!  Woohoo!  I'm super excited about Thanksgiving this year because not only is it a pretty fun holiday, but I also am taking the entire week off work next week.  AND, I don't have a lot planned either so I should be able to get LOTS of things done around my house...Yes, ladies and well, ladies (as my beau is probably the only gentleman that reads this blog of mine), operation "Get-everything-on-my-to-do-list-done-before-tax-season-starts" has officially begun!!!!!  Now moving on to the questions!
1. My Thanksgiving plans this year will include heading to Knoxville on Thursday morning to have Thanksgiving dinner with my mom, dad, brother, sister, and Patrick.  After dinner, we always head to see a movie as a family...no word yet, on what the official movie will be...guess we better start thinking about that...I mean, usually it takes some pretty heavy convincing for us to see a movie I want to see...the boys don't usually want to see the same thing as me!

2. My favorite Thanksgiving was probably last Thanksgiving because it was the first time Patrick and I had spent a holiday together.  Pair that with my mom's delicious Thanksgiving meal, and my entire family going to see one of my favorite movies EVER (The Blind Side) and I don't think the day could have been more perfect!

3. My signature Thanksgiving dish is pumpkin pie with Heath Bar on top.  Don't worry...I'll be sure and blog about the recipe when I make it next week!

4. My favorite Thanksgiving food is please see question #3.  =)  Oh, and I love cream corn, and my mom's dressing!  It is absolutely the BEST!!!!!

5. Thanksgiving free association! I'm going to have to agree with Morgan on this one...I have no idea what this means...

6. Thanksgiving is the beginning of Christmas season...I know that's terrible, and I am VERY thankful for all my blessings, but my favorite part of Thanksgiving has always been the fact that it's time to officially begin the Christmas season!

7. I am thankful for oh, gosh...I have soooo much to be thankful for.  I am thankful that I own my own home; that I have a job that provides me with a steady income; that I have parents who will drop EVERYTHING for their children; that my friends are so supportive and always here for me...even if some of them are physically very far away; that I have a boyfriend who is my biggest supporter and always tells me that he's proud of me; that I have siblings who believe that even if they may get irritated and frustrated with me, that doesn't give anyone else the right to be mean to me; that I have discovered blogging and how therapeutic it can be; that I am healthy enough to walk a half marathon; that I can was taught from a very young age how important it is to help others; that my parents have been very supportive of every decision I have made but at the same time, they made me find my own way.
Well, that's all for tonight!  Head over and tell us about your Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Morgan said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't understand that! haha