Saturday, November 27, 2010

"12 Days of Christmas" Blog Challenge Day 4: Tips/Tricks to a Budget Friendly Holiday Season



Since I am taking some "Me" time on this Saturday evening, I decided to go back and catch up on the 12 Day of Christmas.  Yesterday's Challenge was Tips for a Budget Friendly Holiday Season.  I don't really have many, but here are a couple, anyway:

1.  Make a list!  Yes, I know that several people have said this, but this is definitely something I live by.  I make lists of my lists, so a Christmas shopping list is definitely a necessity!

2.  I withdraw a certain amount of cash before I begin my Christmas shopping, and once that is gone, I'm done.  Usually, if I budget properly, it's more than enough.

3.  Every year, Patrick and I have a "conversation" about what our budget is for each other for gifts.  I know that's not very romantic, but it keeps one of us from going wayyyyy overboard, and it also keeps things in perspective and makes us both realize that there is no reason to go crazy!

Head on over to Aly or Molly and tell us your budget tips!

No comments: