Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sports Filled Weekend Update!

So, yes, I have officially gone Blog Crazy tonight!  I have been soooo busy lately that I needed to update my blog friends on several things going on in my life, so I decided to sit down tonight and bring everyone up-to-date all in one evening!

This weekend was much like my other weekends lately, except this one was definitely Sports Themed...not that I planned it that way...it's just kinda how it worked out.

A few weeks ago, Kat had the great idea for us to have a monthly "Date Night."  Both of us area soooooo busy that we hardly have any time to hang out "just the 2 of us."  Therefore, we decided that once a month we would hang out without anyone else around.  You would think that we would want to spend these nights going out to a fancy dinner or seeing a movie that Patrick or Mickey won't see.  However, since we sometimes like to do a throwback to the days when I first moved to Nashville and we practically lived together (even though we had separate apartments), we would much rather just do something low-key and pretend like we are young and have nothing more to worry about than where we are going out on Saturday night.  =)  Therefore, we decided to go walk on Friday night.  We planned on just walking for a few miles; however, by the end of the night, we had spent about 3 hours hanging out and walking, and after measuring, realized we had really walked SIX MILES!!!!!  Thank goodness I didn't have to exercise on Saturday morning!

Saturday was spent doing laundry and getting a few things done around the house, and then it was time for the UT/Vandy tailgate/game.  Patrick's friend Jack's family are big Vanderbilt fans.  Therefore, they have a HUGE tailgate at every home Vandy game.  We were a little out of place in our orange, but they still welcomed us with open arms.  Here are a few pictures:
My beau and me all decked out in our orange!
Kat and me...again, we are dressed very similar...must be a football thing!
All the guys in their Vandy and UT gear!
Chase and Dave showed up just in time to get a few shots in before the game started.  =)
After the tailgate, it was time to head into the game.  Even though it was ugly, we still came out with a victory and I was, of course, able to get a few pics:
Patrick and me during the game!  GO VOLS!
Look at that sea of Orange!  Yes, the game was at Vandy...you couldn't tell from this picture though!
I even got a picture of Coach Dooley!  SOOOOO hope he makes it to a bowl game during this first year as an SEC coach!
Sunday morning we were up and at 'em bright and early for a Titans tailgate organized by this guy:
Not only is he cute, but he makes a MEAN Duck Taco!
Patrick's sister was still in town and her uncle, Romeo, and a friend of his Andy were also here for the game, so Patrick decided to go all out on the tailgating this weekend.  We had tons of people there and even though it was early, I thought it was a great success.  We had appetizers, main courses, desserts, drinks, and MAYBE even a shot or 2.  =)  Here are a few pics:
The girls smiling for the camera!

Patrick with Andy and Romeo
Patrick and Me
Kristine and I representing our favorite teams!
One last group shot before gametime!
Since I wasn't planning on going to the game (only on tailgating), I was pretty excited when Chase gave me a ticket, and I was able to sit with Patrick and Kristine.  It was tons of fun...well, except for the ending.  =(  Sooooo wish we could have won...or at least that Vince Young hadn't acted like such a baby!  I've always been a big supporter of Vince Young, but I'm afraid I may be changing my tune after yesterday.  I'm still going to stay positive though...hopefully, this whole thing will blow over and he and Jeff Fisher will work everything out!

After the game Patrick, me, Kristine, Romeo, and Andy all headed downtown to watch the end of the Colts/Patriots game, and I had a couple of these:
Yum!  I HEART Bloody Marys!
Next stop was dinner at Past Perfect were Romeo bought all of our dinner (Thanks Romeo!) and then we went to check out the Pedestrian bridge.  On the way home, we stopped off at the Parthenon which is in my favorite park in all of Nashville (Centennial Park). 

It was a great weekend, and I feel like I may not have to do anything sports related for a long time!  I have definitely filled my quota.  =)  Hope everyone has a great week and a wonderful Thanksgiving!  =)

2 comments:

Amber said...

Wow - seriously what a fun filled weekend. There is NOTHING better than a weekend of football in my book - and maybe a few adult beverages. :)

Anna Catherine said...

I'm so jealous!! That is so my kind of weekend...football, football, and more football!!!!