'Tis the season to make resolutions and to reflect on the ones you may or may not have kept from 2011. Last night I took a look at my 2011 New Year's Resolution post and decided that even though I was pretty ambitious (with SIX resolutions), I actually did quite well for myself. Here's a look at where last year's resolutions stand:
1. Complete 36 items on my 101 in 1,001 list. Okay, so I came up a little short on this one, having completed only 16 of these tasks. However, at least I didn't give up on it completely and since I revised the list in December, I think I'll get back on track in 2012.
2. Lose 10...maybe 15 pounds and keep it off the remainder of the year. Well, I know that I lost 15 pounds this year...and yes, I may have gained SOME of it back...however, not nearly as much as I have in year's past. In fact, the last time I weighed myself in 2011, I was only .8 pounds away from having kept 10 of those 15 pounds off...I consider that a success! =)
3. Run in six 5Ks during 2011. I actually ran 7 5Ks this year: Resolution Run (January), Zoo Run Run (January), 4th of July 5K (July), Tomato 5K (August), Franklin Classic 5K (September), Race for the Cure (October), Resolution Run (December).
4. Run/Walk a Half Marathon This Year. Done and Done!
5. Simplify My Life! While I don't feel I really figured this one out until December this year, I actually think I have a pretty good handle on this one. =) We'll see how long that lasts!
6. Be More Positive. While I feel this is a constant work in process, I'm still trucking along, and hope I'm in a better place now than I was a year ago.
Now, for the 2012 resolutions...I'm going to try to keep them a little simpler this year. I've only done 3, but I think they will be the best resolutions for me to continue on my quest for a happy life! So, without further adu...
1. Exercise at least 3 times per week. This sounds easy enough, but even though I am in much better shape than I was a year and a half ago, I've never really been consistent enough. I do realize there will be some weeks that I just can't live up to this; however, I'm not giving up...I REALLY hope to become a more consistent exerciser. =)
2. Blog every week day that I go to work! I love blogging and even though I have really slacked off lately, I have missed it like crazy! I feel that blogging is a great way for me to express myself in a positive way. However, since I haven't really been able to fit it into my life enough lately, I have decided that I need to figure out how I can still keep it up...my solution to this problem? Get up an hour early before work on week days. This means that I won't make an obligation for myself on vacation days/holidays/weekends. However, hopefully, I can make this a habit and really get back into one of my favorite hobbies!
3. Get to my goal weight and stay within 3 pounds all year. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know what you are thinking...if I had just done this last year, it wouldn't still need to be on my list. WELL, it is and there's nothing I can do about that...except work on it continually throughout the year and do my best to make sure it stays OFF my 2013 Resolution list. =)
That's pretty much it! What are some of your 2012 resolutions? Do you tend to keep them or do they end up being pipe dreams?
Lemon-Lime Grilled Chicken
17 hours ago