Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Halloween Weekend Update!

Even though I only had to work 2 days last week, it's always nice to see a Friday evening arrive!  Because we were out of town, we were a little behind in planning our Halloween costumes.  Fortunately though, yours truly came up with an excellent couples costume, but it was going to take some craftiness on our parts.  After running around town finding all the necessary materials, and having a quick dinner at Chili's to watch the last game of the World Series (Go Cards!), it was time to head home and get to work on our costumes!  After a couple of stressful moments, we were ready for the party on Saturday night!
The costume making is underway!
Saturday morning, I was up early to run in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.  AND...I am SUPER excited to report that I ran the entire thing!!!!!  No, I didn't do it particularly fast...37:13...but the point is that I did it, and I didn't stop!  I was so proud at the end, I had tears in my eyes!

After coming home and cleaning up, Patrick and I headed out to check out some potential reception venues.  I won't go into any further details, but can I just say that weddings are expensive!!!!  I mean, REAL expensive!  I knew they were very pricey because I've had many friends get married in the last few years, but it doesn't really hit home until you see the dollar signs yourself.  I'm sure we'll get it all under control, but in the meantime, this girls' a little overwhelmed!  I'll definitely report back with more details when I have them.  =)

Saturday night was time for Fred and Wilma Flintstone to leave Bedrock and make their way to Nashville:

We headed to our friend Dobber and Nicole's Annual Halloween Party, and had a great time...It was kinda a bummer that the host and hostess had the exact same costume idea as us, but it made for an excellent photo op:
Let me tell you...red hair spray is a TERRIBLE idea!  Poor Patrick has red residue all over his bathroom!
Sunday was a day of relaxation, but we did manage to make the drive up to Hendersonville to use a Groupon we had bought for Shuckle's Corn Maze!  We had a great time, and both decided this trip was much more relaxing now than it will be in 5 years when there will be kids in the picture.  =)
Patrick in the Corn Maze!
See those kids hunched down in the background?  Yeah, those kids scared me just as this pic was being snapped..hence the funny look on my face!  =)

Hanging out with the Scarecrow!

On the Hay Ride!
And even though I know that Monday is not still the weekend, I had to share some pics of Sweet Zoey on Halloween.  Isn't she adorable?

Hope everyone's weeks are wonderful!

No comments: