Friday, January 20, 2012

Goin' To The Chapel

In a little less than 6 months anyway...I thought I'd take my lunch break on this fabulous Friday to do a little wedding planning update! Here is everything I've accomplished in the last month or so:

1. Engagement Pictures -- CHECK!
I can't wait to do an entire post on this, and our fabulous (AND speedy) photographers should be sending our CD of all the pics to me any day now! I am super pumped about them, and it's going to be hard to narrow down my favorites! =)

2. Flowers --- CHECK!
I'm so glad some friends told me about Fresh Weddings by Carry Ann. She is so sweet and seems so in touch with want I want our wedding to look like, and she was reasonably priced to boot! If you are looking for someone to make your wedding look fabulous, give her a call!

3. Wedding Dress -- Double CHECK!
I picked this baby up at the first of the year, and I am in love! It's currently hanging in my closet and I have to fight the urge to try it on every morning before work!

4. Rental Items -- CHECK!
Think tables and linens here...thank goodness the company I work for uses Party Providers for this type of thing because I would have never known about them otherwise. They are so nice, so helpful, and again, so reasonably priced...can you see a theme here?

5. Parties -- CHECK!
Patrick and I have such wonderful friends who have come forward and offered to help us celebrate our upcoming marriage. I currently have scheduled a Knoxville shower, a Nashville shower, a bachelorette party, and a bridesmaid's luncheon. Oh, and of course, the guys are planning their weekend getaway to the great Las Vegas for Patrick's Bachelor Party. Soooooo exciting!!!!! Thanks to everyone who is helping plan one of these wonderful events!

I'm very pleased with my progress so far, but there's never time for rest...alas, I still have a pretty lengthy list of things to try to accomplish during tax season:

1. Book the bakery -- Hope to have this done by early next week!
2. Book the caterer -- Same goes with this one!
3. Gather addresses for all guests!
4. Order and mail Save-the-Dates -- We were hoping to avoid this, but with all the Out-of-Town guests, I don't think that's possible.
5. Decide on invitations and place the order.
6. Book a block of rooms to accomodate all of the above Out-of-Town guests.
7. Choose a minister to marry us -- Pretty important detail, don't ya think? =)
8. Finish our Wedding Website.
9. Create a guest book from our engagement pictures.
10. Buy a veil.
11. Set up wedding party hair and make-up appointments for me, bridesmaid's, MOB, and MOG.

Shew...not sure how all this is going to happen during busy season...guess you can tell how I will be spending my Sunday afternoons, huh? It's still all so exciting though...I can't wait til April 17 so I can pick up where I left off...Stay tuned, as I'm sure I'll be updating you all as things progress!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a wedding-rockstar, girl! Love that so many of the big things are checked off. =)

xoxo,
megs [at] Shine On