Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Blog Award!

Yea!  I just found out that I got my second blog award.  Special thanks to Morgan at When Irish Eyes are Smiling!  I recently discovered her blog!  She tells super funny stories about her teaching experiences.  And...to make things even more interesting, she lives in a town close to Nashville!  Go check her out when you have a second!
To accept the Versatile Blogger Award the rules are:
Thank and link back to who gave you the award.
Share 7 things about yourself.
Pass it along to 15 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy.

7 Things About Me:

1.  I am in DESPERATE need of a vacation...and no, I don't mean one of those "go somewhere cool and stay busy checking everything out" vacations.  I mean one of those "grab a book, some sunscreen, and my boyfriend and find somewhere secluded so I can do nothing but relax" vacations.  However, I don't see one of those in my future any time soon, so I guess I just need to enjoy the few relaxing evenings I have at home.
2.  I MAY have responded to one of my Facebook friends' posts that says she is trying to find a good home for a 5 year old pug.  =)  Yes, I know that I need a dog like I need a hole in the head.  However, I have really been wanting a dog for quite sometime, and figure that since this one is free, I might as well look into it.
3.  I have learned as I get older that I like the smell when I walk into my parents' house.  Weird, I know!  Not sure what that smell is, but it definitely reminds me of my childhood.
4.  I am currently looking forward to this weekend a lot!  I get to hang out with Andi (who I talked about here, here and here) on Friday night, tailgate on Saturday, and then head to the UT/AL game Saturday night with my beau (thanks mom and dad for finding us tickets).  Here's hoping that Tennessee can at least play a good game!  I still love my Vols no matter what though!
5.  As an adult, I have lived in 5 different zip codes, but only 1 state.
6.  While I think that traveling overseas would be wonderful, my #1 travel goal is to visit every state in the US.  I am almost half way there, but still have a long way to go.  Hopefully, I can knock a few more out in the next few years.
7.  Ever since I bought a house, I have become addicted to HGTV!  I love watching all the "how to buy a house" type shows, and pretty much always have it on if I'm at home.

Here are the blogs I am tagging (I think I am only tagging 5 though...15 is soooo many):
1.  What's Going on With Ms. Jones
2.  The Survival Guide for the Young Fabulous and Newlywed
3.  My Heart Shaped Life
4.  Simply Smithwick
5.  Overwhelmed by Grace

Thanks again for the blog award, Morgan!  Well, friends, this may be all from me for a few days...lots of busy things coming up.  I'll try to check in, but if not, I'll be back early next week with a Weekend Update!

One final thing...here's hoping my beau feels better soon...he's been a little under the weather this week, and I'm REALLY hoping his cold runs its course...it's so sad when he's sick, because he's usually in SUCH a good mood and happy and outgoing!  I'm sure he'll be as good as new in no time!  =)

No comments: