Thursday, October 28, 2010

Random Thought Thursday

So...I have several things I've thought about blogging about today, so I decided, heck, why not just mention them all...here goes:

1.  I VOTED today!!!!!  Luckily, I found out this morning that it was my last day to early vote so a girl that I work with and I headed out to the polls at lunch.  It feels good to have done my civic duty and have that out of the way.  In Tennessee, we are voting for Governor, and I was actually really torn on who to vote for this time (usually, I vote straight down party lines...although, I won't divulge WHICH party).  =)  Therefore, it was pretty surprising to me, that I had a hard time deciding on who to vote for.  I think in the end that I made the right decision for me!
2.  I have almost decided that it's FINALLY time to purchase a new camera.  I mean, the camera I have now has been through a lot:  from tagging along with me every where I've gone for the last 2 and a half years to jumping out of my hands about 1,000 times to being dropped in a cup of coffee by my beau while he was watching a video.  It's been a good camera, but I've noticed in the last couple of months that it's having some issues; plus, I really want one that's more up to date.  That's where you come in...I need some help.  All of the camera choices are overwhelming and I'm having a hard time determining what I want.  I know that I want a point and shoot (I take a camera way too many places to have to worry with something that won't fit in my purse), I also know that I want a really good zoom and really good mega-pixels.  However, other than that, I'm just not sure what I am looking for.  Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated!

3.  Not sure if I have mentioned this before, but I am in a Dinner Club.  So far, we have met twice, and tonight we decided to check out Ethiopian food.  Let me just say that I loved it!  I had a great time hanging out with some great ladies, and the food was also really good.  If you are interested in checking out Ethiopian food in Nashville, head over to Gojo on Thompson Lane.  I'll definitely be making a trip back there soon!

4.  We are hosting a yard sale this Saturday at Patrick's house and I think we both feel VERY busy right now.  I never knew how much work was involved in having a yard sale.  I'm sure it will be totally worth it in the end, but I would love for it to already be Saturday morning!!!!!  =)

Well, that's all from me!  Hope you all had a wonderful Thursday!  =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check out 'what-the-pho' on meetup. They do alot of dining out and other social events as well. I know they have been to Gojo's several times. http://www.meetup.com/What-the-Pho/