Monday, August 9, 2010

Wonderful Wedding Weekend

As promised, here are the details of Andi's wedding this past weekend.  The wedding festivities began on Friday evening with the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.  Not having been in many weddings, it always amazes me what goes into planning a wedding.  However, Andi had everything figured out and somehow managed to organize 8 bridesmaids, 8 groomsman, 8 ushers, and a whole lot of family members.  She should go into wedding planning because it ran like a well oiled machine!  After running through the ceremony a couple of times, it was time to head downtown to this place for dinner!

For those that aren't from Knoxville, Calhoun's on the River is a staple in that town known for its delicious ribs.  They also have a banquet room upstairs with a beautiful view that is often used for parties.  The dinner was very nice and the food was delicious!  Andi had put together a slide show and SEVERAL friends and family offered toasts to the couple...heck, after a couple glasses of wine even I got brave enough to give a small speech!  It was a great evening of celebrating the soon-to-be-married couple.  Here are a few pics:

Patrick and I enjoying the view from the balcony.


Me with both the Bride and Groom
After the rehearsal dinner, Patrick and I headed to my parents' house where we got in some quality time with this special girl:

It never ceases to amaze me how crazy I am about my parents' dog!  She is the smartest, funniest, sweetest dog EVER...in my opinion, anyway.  =)

On Saturday morning, I woke up extra early because in the middle of the night I had a moment of panic when I remembered that my dress needed to be ironed.  After trying and trying to iron my dress, the massive wrinkles WERE NOT coming out!!!!!  Thank goodness for my mother because she agreed to take my dress to be steamed so that I would not be late to my hair appointment.  After a small mix-up at the hair salon (imagine me looking like Annie...yeah, the red headed, curly haired little girl in the movie...minus the red hair), everyone's hair and make-up looked wonderful and it was time to head to the church. 

Saturday afternoon was spent wrapping up last minute details and taking pictures before the wedding started at 6:00.  It was a beautiful wedding and Andi looked AMAZING!!!!!  Here are a few pics:


Andi and I before the ceremony
Ginger and I waiting for the wedding to begin
Patrick and me...doesn't he look handsome?  =)
Bride and Groom as they head to the reception
After taking a few pictures at the World's Fair Park, it was time for the reception to begin!!!!!  Soon after the DJ started playing, everyone was dancing and no one really stopped until the Convention Center kicked us out at the end of the evening!  =)  The cakes were beautiful and delicious and the drinks were flowing!  It was a VERY fun evening!  Plus, I was able to catch up with people I haven't seen in years!  Nothing is better than that!

My mom and me...don't we look alike!  =)
Patrick with my mom and dad
Patrick got to meet Heather, Elizabeth, and Greg!!!!!  It was great for me to catch up with them, too!
The Groom's cake...notice the Alabama Groom and the Tennessee Bride...LOVE it!
After the lights were turned on at the wedding venue (signaling that it was time for us to get out), several of us decided to head out and have a few drinks!  After realizing that I left my ID in my mom's car, Patrick and I worked some magic to get me into the bar only to stay just an hour and then decide we were wayyyyyy too tired to be out drinking!  Instead we decided that some late night pizza was a much better idea!
All-in-all, it was a wonderful weekend, with a beautiful wedding, an even prettier bride, a fun reception, some much needed family time, and a nice weekend with my beau.  =)  Couldn't have been better! 

Andi and Rob, have a great time on your honeymoon and I can't wait to see you when you get back!  Congrats again!

No comments: