Sunday, October 17, 2010

Where in the World is Nashville's Melrose?????

Do you ever have those weeks where it seems you don't have time for anything?  Where you are so busy that you don't seem to be able to give 100% to any task and everything seems to only get half way done?  Where even when you are doing fun things you feel guilty because you know that you REALLY should be catching up on everything that's stacked up on your To Do List?  Well, this would be the last week and a half for me...BOO!  That's all I can say...I hate it when my life gets like this because I find it very hard to enjoy life's simple pleasures, and as you have probably noticed, something has to give, and this last week it was my Blog...sorry blog friends!  I've decided that it's time to catch all of you up on what's been going on for the last little bit...and I promise to make a more regular appearance in this little blog of mine going forward.  =)  I guess the best place to start is where I left off last, sit back and enjoy my crazy hectic life lately.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

After having a YUMMY breakfast hosted by Kathleen and Mickey, we decided to head down to Germantown for the annual Oktoberfest and Germantown Street Festival.  This event is fun every year, and there is something to offer the whole family -- tons of street vendors, yummy food and drinks, LOTS of beer, pooch parades, 5K runs, live music, and even a play area for the kids.  It was a good time, as usual, but Nashville was RIDICULOUSLY hot last weekend, so that kinda took some of the fun away.

Because of the heat, we decided to cut out early, and headed back home to take a quick nap before heading to Cookeville for the evening.  See, my beau went to Tennessee Tech University in Cookeville, TN, and still has tons of friends there...several of his friends were in a band back in college, and they were playing a reunion show that evening.  We ended up going to dinner with SEVERAL people (I lost count after about 20 something) at this great restaurant called Crawdaddy's.  If you are ever in downtown Cookeville, I HIGHLY recommend it!  It was delicious!  After dinner we headed to the smokiest bar ever (seriously, my hair stilled smelled like smoke 2 days later...after having been washed TWICE) to listen to Robbing Reality play a great show.  Here are a few pics of the event...if you didn't notice, fun was had by all.  =)
For some reason, this is the only picture that Blogger will let me least it's a good one.  =)
Sunday, October 10, 2010

After waking up feeling a little rough on Sunday morning (yes, Mom, if you are reading this, we may have consumed too much alcohol the night before...please forgive me), we hung out for a little while and decided to have a late lunch at Cheddar's. It's one of my favorites, and since there isn't one close to my house, I like to take advantage of it every time I get the opportunity. After visiting several other folks, we finally got back to Nashville at 5:00, and I still had to do a 7 mile walk that evening. Let me just say, it was not easy...however, I was very glad I did it and didn't skip like I was tempted to do.

Monday, October 11, 2010 and Tuesday, October 12, 2010

These 2 days were fairly typical as far as my personal life goes...pretty much just spending time trying to play catch up from such a busy weekend. However, work wise, they were somewhat CRAZY! October 15 is the filing date for all the returns that were extended on April 15, and as you can imagine, it's a little bit crazy around my office...these were 2 days that when I came home, I just felt like crashing!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

After working another long day on Wednesday, I did finally get to have some fun. My friend, Casey, from the Junior Chamber, was able to hook us up with some SWEET tickets to the Carrie Underwood concert. We even got to hang out in the First Tennessee Suite, which was stocked full of free food and drinks. It was AH-mazing! We had a great time, and even though the concert wasn't quite as good as I expected, I still sang my heart out to every Carrie song I knew the words to. =)  Unfortunately, I didn't get any pics that night (again, some things get put on the back burner when I'm stressed, and I guess picture taking is one of those things), but we still had a great time!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pretty much all I can say about this day is...I WORKED! LATE! I know, I know, it could be a lot worse, and I am very lucky to have a job, but it was a rough day, to say the least.

Friday, October 15, 2010
This was the day that my co-workers and I had been waiting for...the last day to file all of the tax matter what happened, it HAD to be done by that day!  After working hard all day, some of my co-workers and I decided to have a Girls' Night.  We headed to Cheekwood Botanical Gardens to check out the Chihuly exhibit (a really cool art exhibit made of colorful blown glass).  It was pretty cool...honestly, though, I think I'd rather see it during daylight...even though night time is supposed to be the prime time to see it.  It is definitely worth checking out before it ends on October 31.
Saturday, October 16, 2010
This day started with me walking 8 miles, which was no easy feat, especially since exercising is apparently something else that falls by the wayside when I am stressed out!  I only walked once during the week this week, but I was still able to do my 8 miles.  Saturday evening, we headed to Arrington Vineyards to celebrate this girl's birthday (full post regarding this to come later in the week). 
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Finally...a relaxing you can see, Saturday (with the exception of walking 8 miles) was a very nice, relaxing day.  However, I was ready for a nice, relaxing day that did not involve exercising, and this was THE day!  After sleeping in a little bit, I just kinda piddled around the house until time to head to the baby shower of this lady and her little baby girl, Abby.  She got TONS of good stuff and we had a great time!  Stacy, Stacy's mom, and Lauren did a great job; the food was delicious.
I guess putting this last week into words makes it seem not so bad afterall.  I still managed to work in lots of fun, but I just don't like it when my life feels unorganized!  Here's to not letting that happen for the next 3 months...
P.S.  Sorry for the lack of pics in this post...not sure if it's blogger, my computer, or my internet connection, but I was having serious issues with the pics feature...hopefully, it's up and running okay tomorrow!

No comments: