Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Weekend Update!

What a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend it was!  I am so glad that I got to spend this time with my family and my favorite people!  The weekend started out on Thursday, when Patrick, Zoey and I hopped in the car and headed east to Strawberry Plains to visit my family.  Like I mentioned in this post, Patrick was in charge of the turkey this year, so we had to get there fairly early.  After waiting around most of the day for all the food to be ready, we finally got down to business.  Here is a look at our spread:
All of the food was delicious, and Patrick, Laura, my mom, and myself outdid ourselves this year...if I do say so myself.

Typically, on Thanksgiving evening, we always go see a movie as a family.  However, this year none of us were feeling it because there really wasn't anything we could agree on, so we decided to resort to playing Skip-Bo instead...I LOVE that game!

Around 10:30, Laura and I decided to brave the crowds and try to head out and do some Black Friday shopping.  Our first stop...McDonald's...afterall, if we were going to be fighting the crowds, we at least wanted to get our caffeine fix beforehand!
After sleeping in on Friday, my mom made a really tasty breakfast and then we just kind of relaxed most of the day.  Friday evening though, we decided to venture out to The Little Dutch (my favorite restaurant from my childhood) and then we headed to the bowling alley...and by bowling alley, I mean OLD SCHOOL bowling alley...as in, keep your own score bowling alley!  We had a great time and enjoyed a little family rivalry while we were at it!
Here's a look at our DIY scoresheet! 
Being the accountant (i.e. control freak) that I am, I insisted on keeping score!  =)

My mom and brother!

My dad (pretending to have a terrible time, because he wanted to be at home sleeping) and me!

Finally, my beau and me!
Saturday morning, after having another yummy breakfast made by my mom (yes, she spoils us when we are home), it was time to pack up the car and head back to Nashville.  Saturday night, we headed over to Ed's house for his annual birthday celebration!  We had a great time, but since we'd been traveling a lot that day, we called it an early night and headed home!

Sunday was a nice relaxing day due to the rainy, cold weather.  It was really nice to have some time to prepare for the work week though, so I wasn't complaining!

What about you?  Did you have a wonderful Thanksgiving?

No comments: