Friday, November 25, 2011

Plenty to be THANKful for -- Black Friday and Leftovers!

Manic Mother


Black Friday...this was the first year I was able to convince someone to go with me to get some Christmas goodies on Black Friday.  For years and years, I have wanted to participate in this shopping extravaganza, but everyone in my family is anti-black Friday shopping!  However, this year, my sister and I ventured out of the house at 10:30 on Thanksgiving evening and headed to both Wal-Mart and Target...we tried to go to Old Navy, but that was the biggest mess I have ever witnessed and the sales weren't all that great, so we decided to call it a night!  I think we both agree that we're glad we went on this adventure, and that we'll probably participate again next year.
My sister -- Ready to go with PLENTY of coffee!
As for leftovers, I have somehow managed this year to not eat a single piece of turkey on this day after Thanksgiving!  Which makes me very happy!  It was an excellent meal, don't get me wrong, but one turkey meal a week is enough for me!

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of your weekend!  Happy Turkey Day!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

I definitely did not go out for the Black Friday deals, but after reading everyone's recaps, I just want to give it a shot!