Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekend Update!

Last night, when the weekend was winding down, Patrick and I both agreed that this was a great weekend!  Not sure what made it so great...after I tell you about it, you will see that it most certainly wasn't extraordinary by any means...it was just nice!  I have come to find out that I cherish these ordinary, nothing special weekends much more as I get closer and closer to tax season.  It provides a little clam before the storm, I guess.

As part of my wedding gift from my beau, he gave me a gift card to The Groom Room, and I decided to cash it in on Friday night.  I got a facial and it was so relaxing and heavenly.

Saturday, I had to work in the morning and then the afternoon was spent FINALLY taking down our Christmas tree!  Yes, you read that right...I took the Christmas tree down in mid-January.  That is so unlike me, but I was sick the weekend before New Year's when I had originally planned on taking it down...that evening, Patrick and I were going to go see a movie, but decided that we needed to get a few more things out of my condo, so we just went to dinner and watched a movie at home instead!

Sunday, we both slept late, which was ah-mazing, and then it was time to do a last big cleaning of the house before tax season is upon us!  We cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and the house looks pretty darn good!  After that, we headed to Tin Roof to watch the Falcons/49ers game with friends.  We had a great time!  That evening, it was time for the moment I have been waiting on for quite awhile.  We met with the NEW TENANTS of my condo!  Woohoo!!!!!  I am so happy to have it rented and I feel really good about the family that is moving in!  They are really sweet and I think they will love that condo as much as I do!  After making a quick trip to the grocery and cooking dinner, it was time to relax for a bit and then head to bed.

See?  Nothing spectacular, but still so nice!  Nothing like some good QT with my favorite dude!

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

emily said...

Yay for a fun, low-key weekend!

Glad you have good tenants! It's a life saver having good ones!