Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Groomsmans’ Pics

While the ladies were getting all dolled up and having their pictures made, the guys were hanging out at Rocketown drinking getting their pics made.  =)  For those who don’t know much about Rocketown, it’s a music venue (which is where our wedding/reception was held), but it’s also a Christian teen center and skate park.  I didn’t realize when we decided for the guys to get ready there that it would create so many cool photo opportunities.  I have to credit Streetlight Republic for their eye and realizing the opportunities that the venue created!  Here are some of my favorite pictures of my beau and his best guys!

www.streetlightrepublic.comwww.streetlightrepublic.comwww.streetlightrepublic.comwww.streetlightrepublic.comwww.streetlightrepublic.comwww.streetlightrepublic.comwww.streetlightrepublic.com

Since I did a small feature on each of the ‘maid’s, I decided it might be fun to tell a little about each of the groomsmen.  I’ll start with Adam, the Best Man!  He and Patrick have been friends for years, and they first met through a mutual friend right after Adam moved to town!  Adam’s daughter is also Patrick’s goddaughter and a flower girl in our wedding!

www.streetlightrepublic.com

Next up is Kirk!  He and Patrick have been friends for so long, that I couldn’t even tell you, but I do know they met in college and were in the same fraternity, Kappa Alpha.  Kirk is one of those friends that we may not get to see as often as we would like, but he is always there when you need him.  His daughter, Adriana, was also a flower girl.

www.streetlightrepublic.com

Mickey and Patrick have also been friends for years…maybe even since Mickey was in high school and coming to visit his sister (who went to college with Patrick) at Tennessee Tech.  He later also attended Tech and he and Patrick became even better friends.  Mickey also happens to be married to Kathleen, one of my BFFs, so we hang out with those 2 very often!

www.streetlightrepublic.com

Phillip and Patrick also met in college (are you seeing a theme here), and they were also in the same Fraternity.  Phillip and his wife lived in Florida the entire time Patrick and I dated, but have finally moved back to middle TN so we’re happy that we get to see these guys more often!

www.streetlightrepublic.com

York, who’s real name is David York, but he’s always been just York to me, also went to college with Patrick and yes, you guessed it, was also in his fraternity (these guys are a tight nit group, ha).  He and his wife have a daughter, Lauren, who is also Patrick’s goddaughter; she kept the book at our wedding!

www.streetlightrepublic.com

Jack and Patrick were also fraternity brothers, and stayed close friends because Jack also lives in Nashville.  He and Patrick manage a fantasy football league together and let me tell you, this thing is pretty serious!!!!!

www.streetlightrepublic.com

I am happy to report that Chase and Patrick became friends through me!  Chase and I were on the board of the Junior Chamber together, and he and Patrick just hit it off!  Now, Chase lives right down the street from us and has a cute doggy that Sweet Zoey loves to play with!

www.streetlightrepublic.com

Jeffers (whose REAL name is Matt Jeffers) is also a fellow KA, and he and Patrick have been friends for years, too.  Patrick loves to blame the awkward first meeting he and I had on the fact that he was a little on the hungover side because of Jeffers bachelor party in Atlanta! 

www.streetlightrepublic.com

And, last but not least, Daniel, my brother!  He and Patrick always love to get into some sort of game or sporting event at every family get together.  I think after years of putting up with 2 sisters, Daniel is extremely happy to have another boy in the family!

www.streetlightrepublic.com

Well, there you have it…all the guys that stood by Patrick on our big day!  I know some of these pics are super silly, but I had to share them because it really shows the personalities of this group!  Such a fun, good group of guys!

No comments: