Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

So, Sunday night, after traveling home from Knoxville, I wanted to cook a good dinner, but really didn’t want to spend a lot of time doing so.  Thanks to Going Jane, I found the perfect recipe!  I actually didn’t have enough time to follow the recipe to a T, so I adjusted it a little so we didn’t have to eat dinner at midnight.  =)  My version of the recipe is below.

image

Ingredients:

5 Small Chicken Thighs, with skin and bone

2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup

42 oz. Chicken Broth

1 Stick Butter, sliced

Large Bag of Wide Egg Noodles

In a crockpot, combine the chicken, soup, broth, and butter.  Let it cook on high for 3 hours.  Remove the chicken and take off the skin and bones.  Place back in crockpot along with the egg noodles and cook for an additional 30 minutes. 

That’s it!  Easy, peasy, and delicious!  Patrick and I both agreed it reminded us of Chicken ‘n Dumplins, except egg noodles instead of "dumplins.”  Hope you enjoy!

No comments: