Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Great Souptacular!

soup

Hi ladies!  I’m linking up with A Blonde Ambition today for her huge recipe spectacular!  What a great idea, no?  Well, I’m here today to share my favorite soup recipe:  Hearty Cabbage Soup!  And the best part?  It’s healthy!

DSCN3846

Ingredients:

1 pound ground beef

1 medium onion, chopped

3 1/2 cups shredded cabbage

1 medium zucchini, halved and thinly sliced

1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms

1 18 oz. can ready-to-serve Progresso Hearty Tomato soup

1 10 oz. can Rotel, undrained

1 can chicken stock

1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:  In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.  Add the cabbage, zucchini and mushrooms cook and stir 8 minutes longer.  Stir in the soup, tomatoes, stock, pepper sauce, salt and pepper.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.  Sprinkle each serving with cheese.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

AMW said...

Yum! I'm on a big soup kick lately (seriously, it's all I want to eat), so I'm going to add this recipe to my list... thanks!