Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Weekend Updates!

Well, as you probably have already realized from my absence for the last week or so, it has DEFINITELY been a busy one!  However, because I like to keep this blog as a little chronicle for myself, I decided I'd like to go back and do a quick summary of the last 2 weekends!

Since Patrick's mom was coming to town a couple of Saturdays ago, my beau and I decided to have a little date night the Friday night before she arrived...problem is, I was EXHAUSTED, so our romantic little date quickly turned into a low key night at my favorite dirty Mexican restaurant, Las Palmas!  Yep, that's right, margaritas all around.  It was still really nice to spend some QT with my favorite person.

On Saturday, I was up pretty early to head to work...boo for that!  However, after work, I headed back over to Patrick's house to see his mom...she also decided to make one of my FAVORITE dishes that she makes - Pho! It was amazing!

Sunday morning was spent doing a few things around the house, having lunch with Patrick and his mom, and playing in our kickball tournament (we lost...sad).  After kickball, we ended the weekend with a low key night out for dinner, and then quickly got ready for work the next day...

On this past Friday night, I had some "Melissa Time."  I decided it was the perfect night for a pedicure.  I'm not sure if that was really the best pedicure I've ever had, or if I was just simply exhausted and therefore, decided to take full advantage, but it was wonderful!

On Saturday morning, my beau and I attended the wedding of our friends' Jeremy and Jeni.  It was a beautiful ceremony, and we had a great time.  Because this was Patrick's mom's final weekend in town, we decided to head back to his house to hang out with her and watch the UT/FL game.  THIS, by the way, is the way we feel about Florida:
Such a sad day for my UT Vols...that's okay though...we'll pull it back together!
On Sunday, Patrick decided to have a little get together for some of his good friends and his mom.  It was a fun time with some of my favorite food that his mom makes:  Fried Rice and Egg Rolls!  YUMMY!

All in all, these last 2 weekends have been nice and relaxing...It was definitely necessary with all the running around I have been doing lately!  What have you been up to?

No comments: