Sunday, September 11, 2011

9.11.2001

Ten years ago today, I was rolling out of bed, getting ready for yet another college class.  I was selfish, immature, and as self centered as a college kid can be.  Then, I turned on the TV and realized something awful had happened...then I watched something else awful happen when the 2nd plane hit the 2nd tower.  At the time, I had no idea what effect this would have on our country, our military, our politics, our economy, our lives.

On September 11, 2011, I look back on the last 10 years and I realize I have seen a lot happen in my adult life...and some of that is probably a direct (or at least indirect) result of this same day 10 years ago.

I hope that in the next 10 years, I can be more focused, less self-centered, and more willing to help all people in need.  In short, I hope I can be more like those police officers, firemen, and good citizens who risked or lost their lives trying to save others.  Today, I remember all of these people and pray for them and their families!  I hope they have a sense of pride...today and everyday!

No comments: