Monday, December 27, 2010

Weekend Update!

I hope you all had yourself a Merry Little Christmas!!!!!  I know that we definitely did in Strawberry Plains!  Just to give you a little update on my weekend, since I didn't have to work on Thursday, I spent the entire day running errands getting ready for the big weekend.  Let me just say that I HATE TRAFFIC!!!!!  There were soooo many people out doing the same thing as me on Thursday! 

My Friday morning was spent packing and cooking and heading to East Tennessee.  Not sure if I have mentioned it or not, but Christmas Eve is one of my favorite days of the year.  My entire family on my mother's side gets together and we have a great time!  Oh, and there's also TONS of yummy food cooked by my fabulous mother!  =)  Here are a couple of pics of the evening:
Me with all my siblings and cousins...I don't think we look alike until I see a picture with us all standing together!
This pic is a little blurry, but I thought it was a good pic of all the women in my family!

And it wouldn't be Christmas without a picture of sweet Peppermint...all dressed up like Santa none the less!
Later that evening, we opened gifts and headed to church to the Midnight Communion Service, and it was beautiful, as usual.  On Saturday, we had every intention of going to see a movie, but we were just having too much fun playing cornhole and dominoes, so we decided to just hang out at home all day.  Sunday morning, I woke up to 4 inches of snow on the ground.  It was beautiful, but I was a little stressed about whether or not I would make it home for work the next day.  Around 12:30, I decided to venture out to run a few errands and see how the roads were.  Since they were fine, I decided to make my way back to Nash-Vegas.

It was truly a wonderful Christmas!  I got more gifts than I deserved, ate more food than I should have, and had a lot of fun relaxing and spending time with family!  I hope all of you had just as great a Christmas as I did!

No comments: