Monday, December 6, 2010

"12 Days of Christmas" -- Days 12, 13, & 14

I have completely missed blogging for the last few days, but this weekend, I was out of touch because we were out of town (more to come on this later).  Also, last night, not only was I completely tired, but my computer decided to go completely haywire, and I'm not even sure that my hard drive can be recovered (here is to crossing my fingers that Patrick can work his magic and I can at least get all of my pictures back).  Meanwhile, tonight I am using a borrowed computer, and am really glad I can get caught up on my 12 Days of Christmas...So, without further ado:

Day 12 -- Show us your Decorations

I discussed my Christmas Tree in this post, but here is a look at the rest of my decorations:
My Mantle Project that I stole from Aly!
My Door Wreath
Day 13:  Favorite Cookie Recipe

Pumpkin Cookies:

1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups pumpkin
1 teaspoon lemon flavoring
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
3/4 teaspoon soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips

Cream shortening, brown and white sugars.  Add eggs, vanilla, lemon flavoring and pumpkin.  Combine dry ingredients and mix together with shortening mixture.  Bake for 12 minutes at 375 degrees.

Day 14:  Oprah's Favorite Things

I figured I might as well add the Ipad since everyone else is doing it.  =)
An annual subscription to this magazine!
The new Taylor Swift CD
An all-expenses-paid trip to Paris!
 There it is!  All of the 12 Days of Christmas!  I can't believe it's already over!  It has been so much fun!

Hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas!

No comments: