Monday, February 28, 2011

Top Two Tuesday!


Top 2 Things You've Learned About Money

1.  Credit Card Debt = BAD!!!!! -- Yes, I realize to most people this is simply common sense...however, to those of us who were plagued with credit card debt for wayyyyy more years than we care to admit, this is something that needs to be engrained in us!  I spent so many years just trying to get ahead, and once I finally paid off that nasty debt, I was like a new person.  I suddenly was able to go on trips and buy things without feeling guilty for not putting every last nickel to getting out of debt! 

2.  Money is the Only Good Thing About Getting Older!  -- A friend of mine shared a quote with me a few weeks ago that said, "Being in your Thirties is like being in your twenties, but with money."  That really made me chuckle...not that I feel like I "have money" now, because believe me, I DON'T!  I still worry about money just like everyone.  However, I do feel like I make smarter choices with my money now, which in turn causes me less financial stress.  Perhaps a lot of it has to do with #1 above, but no matter what it is, all you 20-something ladies out there have at least one thing to look forward to as you are nearing the be 3-0!  =)

What have you learned about money?  I would love to know, so head on over to The Undomestic Momma and tell me what you think!

No comments: