Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Weight Watchers Wednesday

Week 2 of my Weight Watchers program is behind me and I got through it with a 2.2 pound weight loss!  That's a total weight loss of 6 pounds.  I suspect that I'm going to hit the dreaded plateau pretty soon, and I think that may happen this coming week.  I'm still hopeful that I can keep up my weight loss, but I realize that losing an average of 3 pounds a week isn't necessarily realistic over the long haul!

This week's Weight Watchers topic is Treating Yourself.  Do you ever have those days when you are just over it?  Well, that was this weekend for me.  Friday night I had dinner plans with my beau, and I was tired, hungry, and deep down I knew that I just wasn't myself.  FINALLY, after much prodding, Patrick got it out of me that I was really having a hard time with my eating.  I wasn't necessarily craving anything, but I just wanted to go to a restaurant and not have to PLAN what I was going to order before I got there!  I wanted to walk in, look at the menu and order what sounded good to me.  He finally talked me into it.  He said we could go wherever I wanted and I immediately said BAJA BURRITO!  When I got there, I ordered my favorite meal...the Baja Fish Burritos...except this time, I didn't order it with cheese, and I didn't get black beans...also, I split the chips with Patrick so that I could save a few calories.  Finally, I chose a Diet Coke over their delicious fruit tea.  And when I counted up my points, I still had plenty of my Weekly Points to last me through the weekend.  AND, my mood and attitude improved immediately!!!!!

I learned a lot that night...I learned that I can still have the foods I love...I just have to be smart about it...and I have to make these things a treat...NOT the norm!

If you are doing Weight Watchers, I suggest that you definitely take advantage of your Weekly Points Allowance because this is what keeps you on track...AND, there is no guilt because you know it's all part of the plan!

No comments: