Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Top Two Tuesday!


Top 2 Things You've Learned from Your Parents or Grandparents

I am super excited about this week's Top 2 Tuesday!  Such a great topic!  

1.  Be Open-Minded and Always Help those in Need! -- Both of my parents have done many great things for their children.  However, one of the best things they instilled in my siblings and I was the necessity of being open-minded to all people and all situations.  They never allowed us to make fun of kids growing up, and they also taught us to be nice to those that a lot of people weren't nice to.  I have seen both my mom and dad do many things to help the needy whether it is giving a homeless person something to eat, helping someone out with their bills, or helping build a habitat for humanity home.  I won't claim to be the most generous person in the world.  There is so much more I could do to be more like my parents.  However, I am so thankful they taught me the importance of doing unto others as I would have them do unto me!

2.  How to Shop! -- This may seem silly, but my grandmother, mother, sister, and I used to always go shopping together.  Those are some of my fondest memories of being a child and spending time with my grandmother!  She always had the prettiest clothes and she definitely enjoyed picking them out!  As you can tell from my post last night, some things never change.  =)

Head on over to Taylor's blog and participate!

No comments: