Monday, August 20, 2012

Weekend Update!

This weekend was all about the date night!  Not sure why and we didn't exactly intend for it to happen, but I'm happy to report that my beau and I spent LOTS of time together this weekend.  It made the weekend that much better!

Friday night, we decided to head out to the Wilson County Fair to indulge in all things fried, a few fair rides, and some excellent people watching!  My favorite fried item of the night was the spiral ribbon fries.  I don't usually think fair food is nearly as tasty as it looks, but this was definitely an exception...take a look at this yummy goodness and a couple of other pics from the night!
Does this not look amazing?  And, yes, it has cheese on top! 
I love all the bright lights of the rides!

Gotta love the DIY photo!
Saturday morning, I was up fairly early to meet my friend, Brent for breakfast!  He was in town for a bachelor party, and he also turned the big 3-0 this weekend!  SO, his mom and step-dad (Elaine and Ken, who also happen to be good friends of mine) came into town for the day to celebrate with a nice breakfast at the Pancake Pantry.  Do you have any of those places in your town that you NEVER go to because it's sooooo crowded, but when someone comes to town and you go you ask yourself why you don't head out there more often?  Well, that was my experience at breakfast on Saturday.  It. was. yummy!  And great company, too!

That afternoon, I headed to the pool and caught up on some thank you notes (which, I'm proud to announce are DONE).  Then that evening, was Date Night Round 2 when Patrick and I headed to Baja Burrito for dinner and then to see The Campaign, which is soooooo funny!  Definitely check it out!

Sunday was spent relaxing, running to Target (where I spent WAYYY too much money, but got some really cool dresses and workout clothes), and having dinner with the Chapmans after Kirk and Patrick finished playing golf.  We went to Cheddar's, which is one of my favorites, and it was great hearing all about Kindergarten from Adriana, who was also one of the two cutest flower girls that ever existed!  =)

What did you do this weekend?  Hopefully, it was as relaxing and fun as mine!  Today starts the beginning of my training for my next half marathon.  Fingers crossed that everything goes well!

No comments: