Thursday, August 23, 2012

Knitting Novice

You've probably heard me mention before about being in a knitting club at work.  Well, this all started several months ago and I am definitely still in the learning stages.  I've been working on small projects and the group I'm in is currently making 5" X 5" squares that will eventually all be combined to make a blanket.  We will then donate the blanket to a cancer center or a dialysis clinic for patients to use while undergoing treatments.

Aside from making my squares for the blanket, I am proud to announce that I have competed one other project...I made a scarf.  It didn't turn out quite as beautiful as I expected, and there are definitely things I would do differently if I did it again.  However, I am so proud of myself for completing this project entirely on my own.  Take a look at a few pics of the finished project:

I absolutely love the colors!
In addition to the scarf above, I am also working on a couple of other projects...one is a knit hat in a really cool orange color (perfect for those cold UT football games) and the other is a dish cloth.  I don't have a picture of the hat, but I hope the dish cloth looks like this when I'm done:
Here are a few other projects I would love to do eventually...
These would be cute Christmas gifts or stocking stuffers this year!

I've always wanted fingerless gloves...how cool would it be if I made them?

I think Patrick would love this scarf!
Do you knit?  If so, what are some projects you have done in the past?  I'm definitely looking for new ideas, so feel free to offer any advice you might have!

No comments: