Monday, August 13, 2012

Weekend Update!

How can it be Monday already?????  Weekends never last long enough, but I'm trying to start off this weekend with a great attitude!  Here's the skinny on my weekend.

Friday night, I had dinner with my friend, Laura to celebrate her new job!  Way to go, Laura!  Well, we also got together because we haven't caught up in forever...and 3 hours later, we finally decided we needed to leave the restaurant...It was great to catch up!

On Saturday morning, I was up super early to meet up with Sandy and her friend, Emily to run the East Nashville Tomato 5K.  This is the 2nd year in a row for me to run this race, and honestly, I kind of think it's really hard.  I didn't have a great race...at all!  And honestly, if I didn't feel bad that Sandy had hung back and ran it with us (when she can really run wayyyyy faster), I would have probably walked a lot more than I did.  Oh, well, I'm not proud, but my time was 39:35.  The good news...when I registered, they got me confused with a different person with the same name as me and my bib said I was 22.  I'll take a tough race if I get to be 10 years younger while running it.  =)

Saturday afternoon, my beau and I headed back to East Nashville with Sweet Zoey to attend the East Nashville Tomato Art Festival.  We had a good time, and the weather was perfect.  Here are a few pics from the afternoon.
Zoey was the lucky recipient of a nail trim at the mobile groomer's.

She also took a break to cool off in the pool!

Then she found her doggy twin...This dog looked JUST like Zoey...except about 20 pounds heavier.

You just never know what you might see in East Nashville!
That evening, Patrick and I headed to a wedding of some friends and then over to the reception afterwards, which was at Chases' house!
Me and my cute date before the wedding!

And, Patrick and me at the reception!

Patrick and Chase
Sunday was a day of sleeping late and moving more stuff into Patrick's house...ahem, I mean OUR house!  I don't think I'll ever get used to that!  That evening, Patrick and I met up with our amazing photographers, Streetlight Republic  to have some pictures made in our wedding get-up with Zoey.  I think the pics turned out well and I can't wait to see them all.  Here's a little sneak peek:
After pictures, I was starving!!!!!  Therefore, Patrick and I ended the weekend with a yummy dinner at Cinco de Mayo.  Perfect end to our Sunday.

What did you do this weekend?  Do tell...

No comments: