Friday, February 24, 2012

Reading Wishes

Hello all!  It seems that with all my current "hobbies" and with my crazy work schedule, I never have time for a good book...however, a good book is something I truly LOVE.  Like, seriously, love!  I love it so much that very rarely do books measure up to my "love" standards.  Here are a few books that are on my reading list right now, but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE help me out with additional suggestions (nothing scary or depressing though...I'm really weird about depressing books):

1.  The 5 Love Languages:  The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman
I happened to think about this book the other night.  See, I started reading it back when my beau and I hadn't been dating all that long, and put it down because I didn't feel like we were far enough along in our relationship at the time for it to be applicable.  However, since we're saying "I do" later this year, now may be a great time for us both to take a look at it...

2.  Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews

I read another book by Andrews last year called Fixer Upper and it was super cute and fun...this may be the perfect book to read when I just want to veg out on the weekend during tax season!

3.  The Obamas by Jodi Kantor
I am currently reading this book right now, and I want to love it...I really do.  I am just as infatuated with the Obamas as a lot of people are with the Kennedys (myself included).  However, I think maybe I need to pick it up again this summer...I think I'm just too brain dead in the evenings right now and that maybe it's just too serious of a book for me to get into this time of year.

As I said above, I would love some good reading suggestions!  PLEASE!

1 comment:

Justin and Marcie said...

Reading the 5 Love Languages was part of our pre-marital counseling with our pastor. It really is a great book and really helps you figure out the best way to give your spouse what they want the most, whether it's quality time, acts of service, etc.