Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday!

This Thursday I am thankful for...

MY GRAD SCHOOL GIRL FRIENDS!!!!!

Earlier this week, I got to do something that only happens about once every 2-3 years, and this one thing makes me a VERY HAPPY girl!!!!!  I had lunch with my group of girl friends from Grad School.  These girls and I went through a whole lot together during that year of school.  From doing cheers in my apartment at midnight one night, to trips to the grocery store for Oreo runs, to AC doing her best Aretha Franklin impersonation, to Kat and I laying by the pool all day everyday, to all the stress that our classes created...we had many laughs and many tears that year.  Now, we all live in different places (except Kat and me...she has to put up with me year round), and we don't get to hang out as a foursome NEARLY often enough.  Even though we rarely get together anymore, when we do hang out we definitely make up for lost time (we stayed at the restaurant for 4 HOURS)!!!!!  Yep, our server LOVED us.  =)

Girls, I want each of you to know that you all have a very special place in my heart!  You all came into my life at a time when I needed friends more than any of you will ever know, and I have always felt like an equal in this group.  My only hope is that we are still getting together for these visits 20 years from now!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Aww...thanks Melissa! Very sweet :) I hope we always continue to do this as well!

And also very sweet of you to post a picture where I am quite possibly the most tan I've ever been...goes fittingly w/ your comment about our layout days..haha.