Friday, June 1, 2012

Weekend of Trying New Things

My beau and I have always been the type to eagerly attempt something we've never done before, and this weekend is no different...while none of these feats are anything spectacular, here are a few of the fun/new things I will be trying this weekend:

1. Shopping at Opry Mills -- The NEW Opry Mills, that is...I've been waiting ever since it reopened to walk through the walls of this fabulous mall and buy lots of goodies! I'm really hoping I can find a super cute dress to wear for my work shower. =)
2. Landscaping -- Yes, as much as I hate to admit it, this girl is working in her flower garden this weekend...the flower garden that she hasn't even weeded in the almost 3 years that she has lived at this residence. I know, it's very embarassing, but it's one of those things that I've never known how to do and it never really looked that bad...well, now it looks bad, and I have a lot of people coming to my house for a portion of my Bachelorette Party in a few weeks and this weekend seems to be a good time to get some work done.
3. Shabu Shabu Style Food -- So, I get an e-mail from my beau today, and this is the restuarant he wants to try this weekend...apparently, you cook the food at your table using a "hot seaweed broth." I'm always up for an adventure, so I said SURE! Can't wait to see how the food tastes!
4. Meeting Baby Braden -- My friend, Lindy, had a precious baby boy early this morning, and Patrick and I are heading to the hospital at some point this weekend to check him out! I'm sure mom and dad are super excited about their new addition, and so happy to have him in the world. I can't wait to meet him!
I'll report back on Monday on how my weekend adventures panned out. What are you doing this weekend? Trying anything new?

No comments: