Monday, June 4, 2012

Weekend Update!

What a fun weekend!  In fact, it's probably one of the last "relaxing" weekends Patrick and I have planned until the middle of August!  That's okay though...this was just the calm before all the fun starts!  Woohoo!

Friday night, we headed down to Cool Springs to meet Baby Braden...and he is such a doll!  I told his Mama, Lindy, that I don't think I've ever seen a baby that young (less than 24 hours old) since my sister was born...and I was 6 when that happened, so I was a little bit in awe of this bundle of joy...here are a few pics of the precious baby!
Such a sweet little boy!



He couldn't get enough of Patrick!
After making a quick stop by Home Depot, we were headed home and found out that Alysia and Ed were hanging out at a restaurant/bar right down the street, so we stopped by for a little bit and had a drink with them.  Fun times!

The next morning, I wanted to sleep in sooooo badly, but instead, I got up and decided to get started on the large task that stood before me...cleaning up my flower beds...Here are a few "before" pictures:





Holy Weeds!!!!!  I can't believe I let it get this out of control over the last 2 and a half years..although, I must say that I really don't think it was this bad just a few months ago...I think it got worse overnight.  Here are the "after" pics of one flower garden...it took me so long to do it that I didn't have time to finish the rest yesterday.


That afternoon, Katie, a friend from work, and I headed out to Opry Mills to check it out.  I got a few cute things, and so did she...we both agreed that the mall seems way better now than it did before the flood.  Wish I had unlimited funds to buy whatever I want in all the outlet stores!

That evening, my beau and I headed to the Shabu Shabu House.  It was amazing and so yummy!  For those that don't know what Shabu Shabu is, it's very similar to the Melting Pot...except for Asian food.  Great idea, right?  For anyone looking for a different dining experience, you should definitely check it out!  It's the only restaurant of its kind in Nashville!  I loved making our own food, even though it kinda stressed me out at times.
The spread of food we are about to cook!

This pic makes me laugh every time I look at it!  I was obviously super nervous!  It was amazing though!

Patrick is ready to dig in!
After finally getting to sleep in this morning, my sweet, sweet beau helped me get another flower garden complete.  I failed to take any pictures today, but it looks so good!  I can't wait to finish the 3rd one!  After that, Patrick and I had lunch at Oscar's Taco Shop.  Then it was pool time and kickball!  We won yet another game and that puts us 5-1.  WOOHOO!

What did you do this weekend?  Anything fun?

No comments: