Monday, May 21, 2012

Weekend Update!

Happy Monday friends!  I hope you all had as wonderful a weekend as I did!

My weekend was spent consumed with everything wedding, which made it even more fabulous!  Not often do I get to spend the weekend with both my mom AND my sister, and we definitely tried to make up for lost time this weekend.

After getting a haircut and color (man, did I need it) on Friday night, and packing and relaxing with Zoey, I was up and at 'em EARLY on Saturday morning to meet the girls in Knoxville for a little retail therapy!  And, of course all 3 of us are using all of the upcoming wedding festivities as the perfect excuse to update our wardrobe.  =)  I can't think of a better excuse, can you?

Anywho, after spending entirely too much money, we headed home to my parents house for a small cookout dinner provided by the kiddos in the family (i.e. my brother, sister and me) while my mom was supposed to relax.  It was really yummy (if I do say so myself) complete with grilled hamburgers and hotdogs, crunchy cole slaw, baked beans, potato chips, and homemade ice cream.  After dinner we relaxed outside and I, of course, caught a few pics of the evening.





Later that evening, I made a quick trip over to see my cousin for a run-through of my wedding day makeup. Having someone in the family who is talented in this sort of thing is fabulous because it means I can have impromptu makeup sessions.  =)

Sunday morning was spent at church and lunch and then it was time for my very first wedding shower!  It was amazing!  So amazing that it warrants its own post...stay tuned for all of the pics and details!

After driving back to Nashville, I had dinner with my beau and then we just relaxed the remainder of the evening.  The perfect end to the perfect weekend!

No comments: