Tuesday, April 30, 2013

101 Things in 1,001 Days

It’s hard to believe that it’s been 1,001 days (well, really 1,003, but who’s counting) since I started my original 101 Things project!  I have to admit that I didn’t come anywhere close to finishing all the items on the list.  Some just weren’t financially feasible, some weren’t feasible because of time constraints, and some I just changed my mind about.  I decided to start a new list that begins tomorrow, May 1, 2013.  This list will be complete on January 26, 2016.  You’ll see that this list is a little on the short side…however, I fully intend to get to 101 items.  I just want to make sure that I include things that really interest me and not just adding items to get to 101!  If anyone is interested in helping/joining me on any of these, please let me know!  I’m always up for partners-in-crime!
  1. Arrive at work on time everyday for a month.
  2. Exercise 3 times per week for 2 months.
  3. Visit the Hermitage.
  4. Make a "cookbook" with all of my favorite recipes.
  5. Add 3 more states to my "states I have visited" list.
  6. Frame my diplomas and hang in my office.
  7. Frame my CPA certificate and hang in my office.
  8. Find a church in Nashville that I LOVE.
  9. Serve a meal to the homeless.
  10. Go watch a movie at a Drive-In Theater.
  11. Learn to make homemade ice cream from my mother.
  12. Fill up my Pandora bracelet with charms.
  13. Save a pretty hefty down payment for our house.
  14. Either rent or sale Patrick’s house (that we are currently living in).
  15. Buy a new house!
  16. Give up caffeine for a week.
  17. Go on a NashTrash Tour.
  18. Take a 1-week Facebook sabbatical.
  19. Teach Zoey to "Say the Blessing."
  20. Visit Cades Cove again.
  21. Take a hike in the Smoky Mountains.
  22. Move my old college textbooks out of my parent’s basement.
  23. Refinish my Grandmother's cedar chest.
  24. Go horseback riding again.
  25. Visit the Frist.
  26. Have some wedding pictures printed and framed.
  27. Complete the Provisional Year of the Nashville Junior League.
  28. Have a baby.
  29. Buy a new car.
  30. Have my wedding dress preserved.
  31. Make a “yearbook” for our 1st anniversary.
  32. Make a “yearbook” for our 2nd anniversary.
  33. Make a “yearbook” for our 3rd anniversary.
  34. Change my name on all important documents (i.e. bank accounts, credit cards, passport, etc.)
  35. Buy dining room furniture for our house when we buy one.
  36. Get to my goal weight.
  37. Finish decorating our outdoor seating area.
  38. Organize our spare bedroom.
  39. Organize our garage.
  40. Assemble and ride the bike Patrick got me for Christmas 2012.
  41. Create a Home Management Binder to help Patrick and I with organization.
  42. Create an Emergency Binder with all of our important documents.
  43. Create an Owner’s Manual Binder so they are all in one place.
  44. Read The Upper Room devotional every day for a month, without missing a day.
  45. Pay for someone’s meal in a fast food drive-thru.
  46. Complete all long runs in training for a half marathon.
  47. Run another half marathon.
  48. Spend a day not looking at my To Do List!
  49. See Rock City.
  50. Leave the United States again.
  51. Go on a picnic.
  52. Take Patrick back to Rodizio Grill.
  53. Take a Nashville Food Tour.
  54. Take a Grand Ole Opry Backstage Tour.
  55. Visit the new Music City Center.
  56. Volunteer at Second Harvest Foodbank.
  57. Eat dinner at The Sushi Train.
  58. Eat a meal at Bobbie’s Dairy Dip.
  59. Pretend to be in my 20s again and head out to The Stage.
  60. Have our letter from President and Mrs. Obama framed.
  61. Do something cute with all our wedding cards.
  62. Host a Bridesmaids' Reunion to get my girls back together again.
  63. Attend a Justin Timberlake Concert.
  64. Take a girls' trip.
  65. Take a Mother/Daughter trip.
  66. Take a photography course...not a "class" but a "course."
  67. Visit Circle G Ranch in my hometown of Strawberry Plains, TN.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Melissa,Going without caffeine for a week--not a good idea. Love you. God bless. Mama