Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Charleston Part III

Saturday morning was our last day in Charleston.  After getting another yummy breakfast at the restaurant in our Inn, we headed back downtown one last time for our Picture Perfect Charleston History Tour.  The premise is that our tour guide takes you on a walking tour around Charleston and during that time, she shows the best way to get great photographs of the landmarks she tells us about.  Lucky for Patrick and me, the rain and cold weather scared away everyone else on our tour and therefore, we were the only 2 people who showed up.  This, of course, made the tour extremely personalized. 

Here are a few of the landmarks/pictures she told us about.  We took many, many pictures during this tour, but I decided not to bore you with every last one.  Instead, here are my favorites.

This first pictures is one of my absolute favs!  The steeple is from St. Phillips Episcopal church.

IMG_2134

Next up, is the Huegunot Church.

IMG_2141

Another one of my favorites, the building on the left is call the Pink House.  Being built in 1692, it is the oldest house in all of Charleston.  It is currently for sale for $1 million, and does not have running water or electricity…yes, there is an outhouse in the backyard!  And, yes, I said ONE MILLION DOLLARS!  Let that sink in…

IMG_2143

This building is the German Fire Station on the left and Ryan’s Slave Mart on the right.

IMG_2146

The next couple of pics are from my most favorite landmark in Charleston…Rainbow Row.  In fact, I love it so much that my mother did a ginormous cross-stitch project of it and even had it framed for me one year for Christmas.

IMG_2155IMG_2158

I’m not sure what building this one is…however, the tour guide told us that John Wesley (the founder of the Methodist Church) stayed here when he came to visit.  Being the good Methodist girl that I am, I had to take a picture to show my parents.  =)

IMG_2164

This is nothing more than a picture of roses, but I think it’s really pretty, so I had to share.

IMG_2165

After the tour was over, it was time to tell Charleston goodbye!  We were off to Spartanburg to visit my sister.  We arrived around 5:00, and visited with her and her boyfriend, Kevin for awhile before they took us to dinner at The Back Porch.  This was a much better dining experience than The Beacon was on our first trip through Spartanburg.  Patrick and I both got a burger, but Patrick had his with 2 pieces of meat.  Wow!  I had to get a picture of such a big feat!

DSCN5168DSCN5169

We had a great time hanging out with Laura and Kevin, but after a long, long weekend, we were both exhausted.  Not long after dinner, we headed back to Laura’s apartment to get some much needed shut-eye.

On Sunday, Laura made us a very yummy homemade breakfast and then it was time to head back home.  Before we could head all the way back to Nashville though, we had to stop by my parents to pick up our sweet, sweet doggy!  She was so happy to see us and even happier that we were taking her home with us.  While visiting with my parents in their front yard, I decided to do a mini-photo session with Zoey and Peppermint.  Tell me they aren’t both adorable!

IMG_2209IMG_2216IMG_2217IMG_2227IMG_2228IMG_2249IMG_2257IMG_2266IMG_2293IMG_2298IMG_2301

It was an amazing trip and we both agreed that Charleston is a wonderful place!  However, there is nothing better than crawling into your own bed and relaxing at the end of a long day!  It was a lot of fun, but we were both glad to be home!

No comments: