Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Happiness Project Update!

The Happiness Project_thumb[1]_thumb[1]

I have a confession to make…I failed miserably at the March Happiness Project.  I was doing great the first half of the month, but then the stress of life got in the way and I let it all slide.  I made a decision when April rolled around that instead on having a focus for April I was just going to take a break until April 15th and then spend the rest of the month “regrouping” and getting back into the swing of all 3 months of resolutions. 

I didn’t completely give up on this project during this stressful time, which makes me proud.  I think one of my most “unhappy” aspects about myself is that when the going gets tough, I usually give myself permission to give up on anything “extra” like eating healthy, working out, or making an extra effort to treat people how I would want to be treated.  Yes, there were many aspects of my Happiness Project that did suffer…for instance, this blog!  But I hope I am learning that sometimes life is difficult and sometimes it’s hard to give everything 100%.  Sometimes you have to give one area of your life 110%, so that leaves very little time for anything else.  In these times, it’s important to reevaluate and see what REALLY matters…sure things may have to slide temporarily, but once the storm passes it’s much easier to get back on track if you still try to stay strong on the stuff that’s especially important.

I’m out until Monday, as my beau and I are heading to Charleston this afternoon!  Have a great week and weekend friends!

No comments: