Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekend Update!

Despite being exhausted and having no energy, this turned out to be a really great weekend!  Friday night Patrick and I just hung out at home and had take out.  I had to get to bed early because on Saturday, I was up EARLY to volunteer at the Mile 10 water station of the Country Music Marathon.  As I left the house that morning, it was pouring rain, and I’ll be honest, it didn’t really let up the ENTIRE time.  Fortunately for us, we were under a bridge most of the time.  I felt so bad for the runners; by the time they waited in the rain for 30 minutes or more for the race to start, and then ran 10 miles, they were soooooo drenched.  However, despite how wet and tired each of these runners had to have been, I was amazed at how many thanked us for coming out and volunteering.  How nice is that? 

Kat and Me before the runners started keeping us busy:

Photo1 (2)

All the water stacked up and ready to hand out:

Photo1 (15)

This guy was the leader at the time he came through Mile 10…so fast!

Photo1 (1)

After I finished volunteering, I took my cold, tired self home to thaw out…it was perfect weather for just laying around and watching TV.  Later that afternoon, Patrick and I ran to the grocery store, then out to dinner for Amber’s birthday!  I tried to take some pics at dinner but my camera died, and I only got one:

Photo1

On Sunday, Patrick made me breakfast, then I went to see The Big Wedding with Alysia.  We had a fun time!  After running a few other errands, I headed home to cook dinner.  We also put together our new patio furniture!  I am so excited to have a nice area on our deck to relax at the end of the day.  I’m not showing the space until it’s completely finished, but here is what we bought!  I love World Market!

31177fam_XXX_v1-w2000

That was it for my weekend…guess it’s back to work I go this morning…only 5 more days until we start it all over again!  Have a great week ladies!

1 comment:

emily said...

Kudos to you for volunteering in that monsoon!!

Glad y'all had a fun weekend!