Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Weekend Update!

Like I said on Thursday, my weekend began a few days early last week.  It started out with a date night with Patrick and a pretty early bed time, since I had to be up at 4:00 in the morning to catch my flight!  Yikes!  At least it was for fun...I saw several people on my 6:15 flight that were obviously heading out of town for work!  =(

After flying into Greeneville, SC and my mom picking me up at the airport, we headed to Columbia, SC where my sister lives.  Thursday afternoon, she showed us around USC's campus and we got to see where she works.  University of South Carolina has a beautiful campus, including the Horseshoe, which is in the center of campus and has a huge grassy area for people to relax during the cooler months:
This library was the first university library in the state?  Or country?  I can't remember for sure, but it's a pretty big deal! 
It's no longer in use expect to store really old stuff!



Apparently, the President's house is also on the Horseshoe...we think this is it...

A statue in the middle of the Horseshoe!
After driving around town for awhile, we headed back to Laura's apartment and she cooked us the best fried chicken I have ever had in my life!  It was DE-licious!

Friday morning, we got up early and headed to Charleston for the day.  I have always loved Charleston, and haven't been able to go there in years.  It was fun getting to walk around downtown, do some shopping in the market, getting to eat lunch at Poogan's Porch (a famous "haunted" restaurant downtown) and dinner at the Charleston Crab House (a restaurant that sits right on the water and has a nice peaceful atmosphere).  The only downside was the drive home because the skies opened up and there were some serious thunderstorms.  We made it home in one piece though, and collapsed from exhaustion.
After Lunch!

The new bridge that was built a few years ago!

I was way more excited than I should be that we drove over this bridge!  It was pretty impressive!
Saturday morning, we were up bright and early to move Laura from one apartment to another.  Thank goodness she lives in a furnished apartment, so the only thing that had to be moved was her clothes and her stuff, and also thank goodness she invited all of her grad school friends over to help.  The downside to a bunch of early 20s girls being around is that it makes this 31 year old feel like a 91 year old!  It didn't help that one of the girls thought I was Laura's MOM!!!!  Yes, I swear she said it!  AND, she kept sticking her foot in her mouth over and over and over again, and it just made the entire situation worse.  I mean, look at this picture and PLEASE tell me I couldn't be this girl's mother!
Anyway, once we got Laura moved in, we headed to the pool for a couple of hours and then to do some shopping and enjoy our last night of hanging out!

On Sunday, we got up and went to breakfast and then it was time for my mom and me to make our way toward home.  I was pretty sad to head home from this trip!  My mom, sister and I had a great time, and they are definitely some of my favorite ladies to spend time with!  =)

Once I made it back to Nashville, I was pretty excited to see Patrick and sweet Zoey!  She was sooooooo happy to see me, too...it made my day!

Later that evening, we won another kickball game!  This won was ugly because it went into overtime, but thank goodness we came away with the victory!  WOOHOO!

Hope you all have an excellent week!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Wow, what a beautiful city!