Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Weekend Update!

This weekend was typical of other weekends during the summer...full of lots of fun and being outdoors.

Friday night, I went to see Friends with Benefits with Alysia.  It was great hanging out with her, but I think she would agree that it wasn't the best movie in the world.  I love Justin Timberlake and have always thought he was a great actor, but this movie made me question that GREATLY!  It MAY be a Redbox rental, but I definitely wouldn't see it in the theater!  After the movie, we made our way to P.F. Chang's were I was able to use a gift card that I've had for over 2 years!  It was soooo yummy!

After sleeping in and relaxing on Saturday, I spent the rest of the rainy morning cleaning and running errands.  Early in the afternoon, it was time to head to Kathleen and Mickey's for the Brewer's Festival Pre-Party!  After hanging out there for awhile, we then went downtown for the 10th Annual Music City Brewer's Festival.  It was a great time and we were able to catch up with so many people...we also maybe got to drink some good beer.  =)  Here are a few pics of our evening:
Standing in line ready to head in!

Patrick wearing the Pretzel Necklace that I made him!

Group shot of some of our friends!

Eating pretzels really helps soak up the alcohol!  =)


Alacia and me!

Yea!  Stacy made it back from Atlanta!

Cooling off in a freezer at the end of the night!
After sleeping in on Sunday, most of the day was spent being L-A-Z-Y!  We did finally head out of the house early afternoon to head to Menchie's for some frozen yogurt.  We were supposed to have a kickball game, but thanks to Mother Nature, it was cancelled at the last minute because of rain.

Sooooo, what do Patrick and Melissa do on a Sunday night when they have no other plans?  That's right, they head to the first Titan's practice open to the public.  When Patrick asked me why I wanted to do this I said, "because...I don't want to miss out on anything...other people are doing it, so I want to see what it's all about."  When all was said and done though, I'm pretty sure my beau had a better time than I did.  Here are a few pics from the event:
Titan's Quarterback Jake Locker about to take a snap

It's hard to see him, but the guy facing the camera is Joey...a friend of ours and the Equipment Manager for the Titans!

Trying to get a good picture...

Patrick wishes he could go in the friends and family tent...

At the end of the night we got this cool schedule...it's hanging in my office now!
Unfortunately, my new favorite Titan (Matt Hasselbeck) wasn't practicing that night; however, I did hear that he signed autographs after the practice...unfortunately, we were too hungry to stay that late.

For dinner we headed to Burger Up, an upscale burger joint in the 12th South area.  Neither of us had been there, and since we are both big burger fans, we wanted to try it out.  I thought it was really good (I got the pimiento cheese burger), but Patrick was a little less impressed.  I guess my feelings are that for the price, it's just okay.  I'm glad we went and I enjoyed it, but wish it wasn't so expensive.

That's pretty much it for my weekend...hated to start the work week, but at least I only have 3 days this week, right?  Hope you all have great weeks!

No comments: