Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Weekend Update - Last Weekend, That Is!

Since I was a little out-of-pocket last week, I decided to go ahead and do last week's Weekend Update before I get to all of my traveling adventures.  Because I took a few days off at the end of the week, my weekend officially began on Tuesday evening.  However, not much happened for the first few days other than running errands, packing and cleaning my house. 

THEN, on Saturday night, a few girlfriends and I threw Mickey and Kathleen a couples' shower at my house!  Because they are taking a honeymoon to Hawaii, we went with a Luau theme.  It was a great time, and they got some really cool gifts.  Here are a few pics of the decorations:
The Dessert Table

Some of the Food

This is a Cooler...Is that not the coolest thing EVER?

Gift Table - Before any gifts were added!  =)
Also, here are a few pics of the actual party:
Kathleen with all of the shower hosts:  Anna Catherine, Me, Andrea, and Jennifer

Kathleen with all of her Bridesmaids (except Elizabeth who lives in the Caymans):  Anna Catherine, Me, Andrea, Jennifer, Emily, and Jenny

Mickey and Kathleen with her mom and dad!

Mickey and Kathleen playing the shoe game (BTW, if you have ever host a couples' shower, you must play this game...it's pretty hilarious!)

Looks like they are both PUMPED about all of their kitchen gear!
 Sunday, was the day I had been waiting for for months.  Patrick and I left to head out on our trip!  It was a very LOOOOOOONNNNNNG day of traveling, but also the beginning of a super fun trip!  Stay tuned for more updates!



No comments: