Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Weekend Update - Birthday Style!

I hope all of you had wonderful weekends! Mine was certainly fun! Friday night was pretty low key and spent running errands and preparing for Saturday’s main event!
On Saturday morning, I woke up bright and early and after receiving my annual “Happy Birthday; your Dad and I love you very much!” phone call from my mama, it was time to put the finishing touches on all my Steeplechase food! At approximately 7:15, Patrick, Alysia, Ed and myself were off to celebrate the running of the horses. I’m pretty sure our group of 35 people were the first people to arrive at Steeplechase because when our bus pulled up, I swear we were the only people in the entire place! After getting all of our gear (i.e. food and alcohol) set up, it was time to get to business and start having some fun! Here are a few pics from early on in the day:
Patrick and I posing for the camera!

Patrick and I posing for the camera!

Alysia and me!

Mary Katherine and I look like we called each other that morning!  We obviously are making polka dots cool!
After making sure we got plenty of pictures before the rain came, it was time to get down to business…yes, that’s right!  At Steeplechase, lots of alcohol is consumed:
Patrick made 120 (yes, I said 120!) Jell-O Shots! 

Not only is that an oversized chair, but it’s also an oversized flask and an oversized bottle of vodka!  You know what they say…go big or go home!

They even got me to take a shot or 2…after all, it WAS my birthday!  =)
All-in-all, it was a very fun day!  The bad weather/rain held out (for the most part) until around 3:00, when it got pretty cold and dreary and we all felt like this:
  Tired, wet, and ready to head home!  =)
That evening, after getting the car unloaded and changing into some warm, comfy clothes, Patrick gave me my birthday gifts (an Ipod Shuffle and some snazzy new sunglasses), and we headed to get Chinese takeout. I’m pretty sure we were both sound asleep on the couch by 9:00! Whew…partying isn’t as easy at 31 as it used to be!

On Sunday, after sleeping in and relaxing most of the day, we headed out to our first kickball game in a few weeks! Fortunately, the other team didn’t show up so we won by forfeit! Unfortunately, we all still headed out to the game and were ready to play! SOOOO, several of us decided to head to an early dinner instead!

It was a very fun weekend, but man was I pooped! The good news is that I only had 2 days of work this week, and now it’s VACATION time for this girl! Hope you all have a fantastic week!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

glad you had a good birthday!

have fun on vacation!

Alysia said...

Boy, you and Patrick have changed so much from the first picture to the next picture.....lol. It was a great time. Thanks for the invite.