Friday, May 13, 2011

Off to the Races...

The horse races it is!  For anyone who lives around here, you are probably well aware that the 70th Running of the Iroquois Steeplechase will take place tomorrow at Percy Warner Park here in Nashville, TN.  For those who don't live in this area, this event is Nashville's much smaller version of the Kentucky Derby.  The best way I know to describe it is to say that it's an all day tailgate with lots of seersucker and sundresses. 

It's known by many people as Nashville's most fun day of the year.  AND, since tomorrow also happens to be my birthday, I definitely hope to make it a day to remember!  And, don't worry!  I'll be back on Monday with a Steeplechase themed Weekend Update!

In the meantime, I'll leave you with some of my favorite pictures from Steeplechase past:
Steeplechase 2006 -- Less than a month after moving to Nashville!

Steeplechase 2007 -- Definitely my favorite dress of them all!
Steeplechase 2008 -- I am in desperate need of a tan!!!!!  =)
Steeplechase 2010 -- Patrick's FIRST horserace!

Groupshot!

I even got to meet Jevon Kearse!

At the end of the day...too much sun and too much fun!
I'm sure this year's Steeplechase will be just as fun as the previous ones!  Keep your fingers crossed that there's no rain!  At least I have my rainboots ready to go!!!!!

No comments: