Friday, April 22, 2011

Summer Reading List

Am I the ONLY one who put off my high school summer reading until the VERY end of summer and then I was hurrying around like a crazy person trying to read them all (i.e. buying cliffs notes and hoping that was enough to pass the test)?  Well, now that I get to pick the books, my summer reading list looks a little different:


The Help -- I started this book a LONG time ago and slowly but surely am making my way through it.  I REALLY like it, but it takes me forever to read a book...especially in the spring when I'm working a lot.  Hopefully, I'll get to read it a lot more often now that I have nights and weekends free!


Something Borrowed -- I had no desire to read this book because I've read another book of Emily Giffin's (Love the One You're With) and didn't like it.  However, I saw the preview for the movie the other day and IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!  I HAVE to read this book before going to see the movie!


Something Blue -- I have heard that this book is told from the "other" girl's point of view in the love triangle, so I definitely want to check it out, too!


Anna and the French Kiss -- I had never heard of this book until Caroline mentioned reading it.  I must say, I love a cheesy romance novel, so I can't wait to get my hands on it!


Sweet Valley Confidential -- I mean, really?  Does this book need an explanation?  Were you a girl who grew up in the 80s and 90s?  Then, you will be reading this book...'nuff said!


Sugar and Spice:  An L.A. Candy Novel -- After reading the first book in this series, I HAVE to complete the trilogy...also, I have a girl crush on Lauren Conrad...just sayin'...


Sweet Little Lies:  An L.A. Candy Novel -- Of course, I have to read the final book in this series...I've heard that it's the best book of the 3!

Gee whiz, it looks like it's going to be a busy summer, huh?  At least I love laying by the pool, so my Kindle should get lots of action.  Oh, also, thank goodness there won't be any End of Summer Tests either.  =)

What books are you reading this summer?  I'm always open for suggestions!


2 comments:

Morgan said...

The Help is amazing. I'm reading Something Borrowed now.

Have you read Water for Elephants?

Alysia said...

I'm reading Something Borrowed too so when we finish we have to go see the movie.