Friday, April 29, 2011

A Night of Nerves!

This is it...the night before the big race...and by big, I mean huge!  There will be more than 30,000 people running this little race with me tomorrow, and that in and of itself freaks me out!  How do I really feel about the big day?

Well, I'm excited, I'm nervous, and I'm scared.  I'm scared that my knee is going to hurt.  I'm scared that because of all the people that I won't get to see my family at all of their pre-planned stops.  I'm scared that I won't finish in a good time.  I'm scared I won't be able to run the whole thing.  I'm scared that the fact that it is 10:41 pm and I am still awake will really hurt me tomorrow.  I'm scared that I have told too many people about this race and that if I don't do good, I will have to explain it all week next week.

However, amongst all of that fear, I have another overwhelming emotion...Pride!  I am so proud of myself for attempting something that I never thought I'd do.  I just hope I can make my family, my friends, my boyfriend, and most importantly, MYSELF proud tomorrow.

Good night all and happy raceday!

No comments: