Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sickly Weekend Update...

I can't believe it's been a whole week since my last post.  I promise to get right back to it as soon as April 18 has come and gone.  I miss blogging more than I ever thought I would, and just chalk this up to one more thing that makes my life a struggle this time of year.

Anyway, I guess it's time to catch you up on my weekend.  Earlier in the week, I made a proclimation to my boss that I really, really, REALLY needed a day off on Sunday, and would he please tell me exactly what I needed to do to make that happen.  My boss (who is really pretty cool about working on Sundays, and doesn't like doing it either) said that if we finished the big project that is due to the client this Tuesday then there would be absolutely no work on Sunday!  Okay, I can do this...I have a mission, and I will make it happen!  Well, Wednesday night and all day on Thursday I felt a little trace of allergy/sinus issues.  I really didn't think anything about it though because, let's face it...it's March in Middle TN...can't really expect anything else.  Well, by Friday night, I had a full fledged cold.  =(  I pulled my sickly self out of bed on Saturday morning, and headed in to the office because I only had a few more hours of work before my short weekend officially began (and I needed this weekend more than you know). 

By the time I left the office at 2:00 on Saturday, I was feeling a little bit better.  I decided to head over to Fleet Feet and by new running shoes...and BTW, if you haven't been to there, you should definitely check it out.  These are the new shoes I ended up with:
Aren't they pretty?  I've never had green shoes before.  =)
After running a few more errands, I headed home to relax for a few hours.  Still feeling pretty puny, Patrick and I decided to have a quiet night at his house.  He cooked an AH-MAZING crab/shrimp boil, and we "watched" a movie...the quotations are because he watched the movie and did what I do every time I try to watch a DVD...sleep!  =)

By this morning, I was feeling really terrible, but thank goodness, I had a great nurse.  My beau cooked me breakfast, brought me tea and blankets, and made sure I had plenty of medicine on hand.  After laying around most of the day, I decided to try to get out and enjoy this gorgeous day. 

Patrick and I are co-coaching our recreational kickball team.  He had scheduled a practice, and even though I had no intentions of actually doing anything active, I decided to still head out and see everyone.  It turned out to be a really fun day.  After practicing kickball, everyone worked up an appetite, so we headed to eat some bar-b-que.

I am now at home resting, trying to take care of myself, hoping I feel much better tomorrow.  I have a really long week ahead of me, and I need to be at the top of my game.  I am pretty bummed that my illness kept me from running my long run (7 miles) this weekend.  I'm kinda stressed out about it because next week I'm supposed to up it to 8 miles.  Anyone have any suggestions for how to handle this?  Since I'm training to run my first half marathon, I just don't want to do anythng to hurt myself, but I also don't want to miss any of my runs.  Please help anyway you can.  =)

Oh, and I almost forgot...I taught myself to do this over the weekend:


As I mentioned in a previous post, my friend, Elizabeth, from work promised to show me how to knit, and we even made a special trip to the yarn store during lunch one day this week.  Because I was so busy, she never got an opportunity to show me how it's done, so I just decided to check out a video on youtube instead.  My work isn't perfect, and in fact, I'm not even sure that I'll be able to do anything with it, but I'm still pretty pleased with it for my first try!  It's super relaxing and I think I may have found a new hobby...as if I needed to add anything else to my plate.  =)

Well, I hope the weather "in your neck of the woods" was as fabulous as it was here in Nashville this weekend!  Here's to a great week for everyone!

2 comments:

Anna Catherine said...

I want a knitting lesson!!
AC

Morgan said...

Glad you're feelin better!

It was 82 here in Tulsa yesterday and it's supposed to be the same the next few days!

Love the new shoes! Maybe they'll make your 8 mile run easier for ya!