Friday, September 7, 2012

Recipe Binder

A few weeks ago, I discovered the cutest idea on Pinterest.  It was a link to Wifey's Notes, blog and she explained how to make the cutest recipe binder.  In my time off this past weekend, I took it upon myself to buy the supplies, gather up my favorite recipes and make myself a recipe binder.  Here are some tips for how I organized mine:

1.  I chose a really cute binder...I figured I would be much more likely to take care of it if I actually liked the way it looked.
2.  I also got really cute dividers...Afterall, I wanted to fully commit to this.
3.  I created each of the following sections so it would be easy to find everything:  Beverages, Appetizers, Salads, Vegetables, Soups, Pizza, Sandwiches, Pasta/Rice, Potatoes, Meats, Seafoods, Breads and Desserts.

4.  I also created a Tips/Tricks section for all those little things you read in magazines and cookbooks that you always wish you could track down at a later date.
5.  I used page protectors for each page so that I don't have to worry about those little drips that always happen in the kitchen.
6.  I also only used my favorite recipes and tried not to include items that I wasn't sure I would ever make.  In other words, I only want it to be recipes that I need on a regular basis.
7.  So, for my first Pinterest organizing project, I was pretty pleased!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this recipe binder. I want to make one.

I would love for you to visit my blog Dreams Do Come True

Celeste And Jesse Forever

Justin and Marcie said...

Us accountants seriously have binders for everything don't we?? :)